Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at getting a set of these for my truck, specifically the full length Wheel-well to Wheel-well version.

Anyone ever try a set of these and willing to give your thoughts?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rc/lb dually?
I ran that through Google Translator and I'm afraid it wasn't helpful.

Could I get you to phrase that in 20th century colloquial English? :D

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Gonna need to learn some of the acronyms.

Rc = regular cab (2 doors)
Ec = extended cab (2 regular doors + 2 suicide rear doors)
Cc = crew cab (4 doors)

Typically separated by a "/"

SB = short bed (6.5')
Lb = long bed (8')

Srw (single rear wheel)
Drw (dual rear wheel... Dually)

Hope that helps :thumb

Sent from rapid typo device

·
Registered
11,114 Posts
Then we even have:

Obs = old body style
Nbs = new body style
Nnbs = new new body style
Nnnbs = new new new body style

Nnnbs = 2015 body

Ex could also be used in place of ec in reference to extended cab

·
Registered
6,573 Posts
Gonna need to learn some of the acronyms.

Rc = regular cab (2 doors)
Ec = extended cab (2 regular doors + 2 suicide rear doors)
Cc = crew cab (4 doors)

Typically separated by a "/"

SB = short bed (6.5')
Lb = long bed (8')

Srw (single rear wheel)
Drw (dual rear wheel... Dually)

Hope that helps :thumb

Sent from rapid typo device
In GM lingo
SB = standard box 6.5' (cause the short box is the 5'8" one available on the 1/2 ton crews)

And
In the latest body style there is no EC, but instead there is a DC = double cab with 4 doors, but the rears are not as long as on a crew cab;

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
In GM lingo
SB = standard box 6.5' (cause the short box is the 5'8" one available on the 1/2 ton crews)

And
In the latest body style there is no EC, but instead there is a DC = double cab with 4 doors, but the rears are not as long as on a crew cab;
Yeah, but we don't care about the 1/2 tons :rof

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You know...

I seem to recall a day when all you had to say was "pickup truck" and you were good to go.

I think it got weird shortly after all the gun racks disappeared.

Anyway, MY pickup truck is a standard cab, single rear wheel '1-Ton' with an 8' bed.

I was looking at these full length Luvernes that go from the back side of the front wheel well to the front side of the back wheel well.

·
Registered
6,573 Posts
You know...

I seem to recall a day when all you had to say was "pickup truck" and you were good to go.

I think it got weird shortly after all the gun racks disappeared.

Anyway, MY pickup truck is a standard cab, single rear wheel '1-Ton' with an 8' bed.

I was looking at these full length Luvernes that go from the back side of the front wheel well to the front side of the back wheel well.
IIRC, it wasn't long til they introduced 'fleetside' boxes to go along with the 'stepside' boxes.:poke[1]:

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Then we even have:

Obs = old body style
Nbs = new body style
Nnbs = new new body style
Nnnbs = new new new body style

Nnnbs = 2015 body

Ex could also be used in place of ec in reference to extended cab
There is no such thing as "NNBS" or "NNNBS". The GMT900 trucks were considered "NBS" in 2007 as the 2007 MY was split; early trucks were of the "OBS" or "Classic", and the later trucks were "NBS". The GMT900 trucks were face-lifted for the 2011 MY, but that year was not split, so there would be no required designation from 07.5-10 and 11-14. The GMTK2XX trucks debuted in 2013 as 2014 models for the half tons and in 2014 as 2015 models for the HDs. Neither of these model years were split, therefore there is no required designation as a 2015 HD will be the GMTK2XX truck and a 2014 HD would be a GMT900.

There is ONLY "OBS" for a 2007 "Classic" truck and "NBS" for a 2007 "new" truck. If your truck is not a 2007 model, OBS/NBS should not even be in your repertoire.

To the OP, Luverne step bars are really nice. I don't have a set, but I have seen them and I like them.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I used to have an 87 K2500with a Reading bed and a custom ladder rack made of welded Uni-strut.

Target Master, THM400, solid front axle, Semi-Float 14-Bolt rear, manually locking front hubs w/ SOTF.

No matter the load, no matter the speed, that thing got 12mpg.

I really liked that truck...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts