Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Timeless Perfection!
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 5th wheen now and keep seeing this deal at camping world but is it worth the $? does it really help?

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Everyone I know that has one says it removes a lot of wobble. When I first got my 5ther the wobble bothered me some. It's not an issue now. I reckon I got use to it. A set of good wheel chops, the ones that fit between the tires and screws out, does more good than anything else. Stops tires period. Much safer than plastic chops also.

·
The Good Son!
1,966 Posts
I don't even use mine unless the kids are in the camper and me and the wife are having adult time. It doesn't work, our oldest girl told her grandmother (my wife's mom) that the last time we went camping that the wind was blowing so hard that it rocked here out of bed.:eek:

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
our oldest girl told her grandmother (my wife's mom) that the last time we went camping that the wind was blowing so hard that it rocked here out of bed.:eek:
:rof:rof:rof:rof

I damn near just wet my pants

·
The Good Son!
1,966 Posts
You should have seen the look my mother-in-law gave me!!!

She was not impressed, I was though! For one night I rocked the world. :rockin

·
Premium Member
827 Posts
If the trailers rockin don't come a knockin.

·
Waldo
788 Posts
I use one, but mainly because the trailer rocks like hell without it when the washer is running.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I followed a camping forum. I saw many, many of those for sale used. I skipped the first step and went with JT's stabilizers. They were like 350 and took 4hrs to put on. They take damn near all of the movement out of my 5er. The first weekend we camped in it without JT's I thought I made a big mistake buying a 5er. These things work so well that they should be installed from factory on every 5th wheel. There are also knockoffs that are a bit cheaper and I hear do exactly the same thing...I highly recommend them.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I've got a 5th wheen now and keep seeing this deal at camping world but is it worth the $? does it really help?
I have the king pin stabilizer, and it works well, but I'm about to have stabilizers installed on the landing gear and rear stablizers. I'm tired of hauling the big tripod out every time I set up.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Thats so funny! :rof

But my dad doesnt use one on his 5th wheel

1 - 10 of 10 Posts