Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do as much of my own work as I can, mainly because it seems the only way to get something fixed correctly is to do it yourself! I'm thinking about getting a DS708 and just wanted to know if anyone has experience with it.

The main vehicle I'm interested in working on is my '07 Classic DMax, WT trim 4x4.

Right Off a few things I need to do:
* relearn the turbo position sensor (PO replaced it but apparently didn't relearn it)
* update the VIN in a different radio I installed (from my s-10) since it went into the Theftlock's locked mode! :mad:
* check the balance rates on my injectors since I'm at 245,000 mi.

If the DS708 has the full function of the TechII (or at least does the above list) I'm planning to get one, I'd just like confirmation from you guys as to what it can really do!

Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
i own a ds708, have used it for 3 years since they came out, love it, great scanner, its basically 99% a tech 2, i dont know specifically if it will redo the vin in the radio but the other criteria are a yes

here is a screen shot of the data stream (from an 07 lmm actually), its nice because out of specification data is displayed in red

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
DIY Experience Via Autel MaxiDAS DS708

here is the DIY Experience to program Nissan Xterra Keys with Autel MaxiDAS DS708, it covers Asian, European and American cars. It delivers more accurate, more stable, more comprehensive, easier and faster diagnosis,providing incredibly high performance with intuitive operation.
Autel MaxiDAS DS708 can test all diesel engine, except heave truck.Right for the first time, workshops and technicians could find an OE-level diagnostic solution designed for the aftermarket.

·
Registered
291 Posts
for the price you cant beat it. we have one at our shop and use it daily, it is alittle slow to boot up and get into some modules as compared to our tech 2, but for the diy guy I thinks its a great scan tool. updates take forever tho...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Autel Coding Scanner Maxidas DS808(Advanced Version of DS708) Automotive OBD2 Scanner Diagnostic Tool with Key Coding and Multi-language System (Same Function as MS906) Based on the Android system, MaxiDAS DS808 is featured with an extensive coverage of OE-level diagnostics. Installed with a fast quad-core processor, DS808 offers maximum convenience and efficiency for your diagnosis and analysis. The intuitive user interface makes using the device effortless through a 7-inch LCD touch screen that display at 1024X600 quality.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I own a DS708 and can't seem to get it to show the balance rates. Can someone tell me the exact steps from start to finish on this Maxidas DS708 to get it to show me the balance rates ? Or do you think I'll need updated software ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts