Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
The cat filter is about $24. Here is a link to the comparison to several filters. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhYOmm6bNjs
Im just telling you, CAT does NOT make their filters, I m in the Heavy Equipment industry for a living. They bid out to Filter suppliers and buy from the cheapest, have them painted CAT yellow and put their name on them. Last time I heard it was Fleetguard building them.

I'm a Donaldson fan personally

·
Registered
16 Posts
Im just telling you, CAT does NOT make their filters, I m in the Heavy Equipment industry for a living. They bid out to Filter suppliers and buy from the cheapest, have them painted CAT yellow and put their name on them. Last time I heard it was Fleetguard building them.

I'm a Donaldson fan personally
I should add yes they do have requirements to meet. but it does not mean they are that much better. The guy in the video is clearly a die hard CAT guy, believing a you tube video is not my way of deciding to protect my vehicle. I'll go off of OWA ov the years on our Loaders, Dozers, excavators ect..

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Im just telling you, CAT does NOT make their filters
Totally incorrect.

Cat and Donaldson are 50/50 owners in a joint venture company called AFSI (Advanced Filtration Sales Inc in Illinois) which is a state of the art automated filter manufacturing facility that produces Cat branded filters exclusively for Cat products.....

·
Registered
392 Posts
Totally incorrect.

Cat and Donaldson are 50/50 owners in a joint venture company called AFSI (Advanced Filtration Sales Inc in Illinois) which is a state of the art automated filter manufacturing facility that produces Cat branded filters exclusively for Cat products.....
I know Cat buys a couple of filters due to patents but all the rest are made at AFSI.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have a 16 LML 3500 and just put the cat filter on. Also the PPE pan, flat bottom, and the Insane Diesel by pass filter that filters about 10% of oil on each pass down to 1 micron, all of the oil will go through the by pass about every 10 min at 55 mph. This all increases my oil capacity to 13 qt. What are your thoughts on this? Sorry to say I don't know anything about the centrifuge (oil filter/separator), but always learning. Would love to see a photo of it installed and info on how it works and installation instructions for the Duramax or where to find them.
But what I am asking is whether with a Cat or a Donaldson filter as the main filter, what do you think of adding the Insane Diesel by pass filter?

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,485 Posts
I know Cat buys a couple of filters due to patents.....
One of those is a FWS filter. If you see a yellow canister with the 4-pt star drain valve on the bottom....That's a Baldwin. :wink2:

21 - 27 of 27 Posts