Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I deleted everything off my LML and it's making some really strange noises. I would like is someone gave me a ride in their LML to see if they sound about the same or not. Thanks

Registered
What's it doing? Idk how close you are to the shop but Josh Harris is in Texas, owns top notch garage. If something is wrong he could get you fixed up

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
There is a hissing noise coming from the rear passenger side of the engine when I'm mid way into the throttle and WOT.

When the engine is at idle there is a grumbling noise coming from the engine compartment, but you can only hear it from the cab. I don't think it's the tranny.

Registered
Try watching some youtube videos of other trucks to see if it's normal.
The hissing could be multiple things. Most likely the turbo, you wouldn't have heard it before because of the restrictions in the exhaust. Could also be a boost leak somewhere. If you did an intake or anything similar go back over everything and check the connections. Did you do a full egr delete? Or just blocker plates? Or just turned off? Could be a blocker plate not installed properly. If you have a new downpipe also check the clamp on it and make sure it isnt leaking. The grumbling could be the exhaust rubbing against something. Could also be the downpipe rattling against the firewall. Can you take any videos?

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Ahh I never thought about the new exhaust. I bet that is what the rumble is. The hissin isn't the turbo. I can hear the turbo spool up and the the hissing starts so it's definitely an air leak somewhere. I'll go over everything.

Registered
When your full throttle you'll hear a hissing or whooshing sound

Registered
Ahh I never thought about the new exhaust. I bet that is what the rumble is. The hissin isn't the turbo. I can hear the turbo spool up and the the hissing starts so it's definitely an air leak somewhere. I'll go over everything.
:rofl I'm sorry but this made me laugh. Make sure the exhaust isn't leaking at the down pipe

Registered
Old thread, but I'm in Amarillo & just deleted my LML. Be happy to show it to you sometime.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts