Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So with the fact that our trucks are new and epa is really clamping down will this area ever get off the ground???'dunno;

·
Registered
4,933 Posts
---------------------------------------------------------
You think things are bad now? Wait till you see what the folks at EPA are discussing as proposed legislation. First and foremost, they want to re-introduce a bill that would require NATIONAL "inspection".

As a side-note, it is already illegal in all state vehicle codes I am aware of, to tamper in any way with the on-board pollution equipment. EPA is well-aware that there are still some "non-inspection" areas; want law enforcement to do something about that.

Next step is to crack down on ANY garage / repair facility, setting up proceedures for major fines & penalties, requiring them to sieze & report any "deleted" vehicle, so that it cannot be retuned to service until it is brought back to compliance.

Then there are the ideas on road-side monitoring stations ( sniffers?).

sources for any of that?

·
Premium Member
3,325 Posts
Young school children are being taught that "we" are ruining our climate and environment. One only has to look at the young faces in our government (think ocasio-cortez etc) that are telling people that our world only has 12 more years before "we" destroy it and young people are worshipping them. Bureaucrats being what they are, the climate police are only too glad to increase their empire by feeding upon the frenzy that "we have to do something"!!! Creates lots of new jobs, puts lots of $$$ in bureaucrat's deep pockets and provides positions for their friends and relatives. Diesel trucks are low hanging fruit for them There. I said it...

·
Registered
916 Posts
So with the fact that our trucks are new and epa is really clamping down will this area ever get off the ground???'dunno;
There are already multiple deleted 2020s on the road. Their will always be someone out there able to do what needs to be done, just depends on how deep you're willing to dig into that pocket to fork out the coin.

·
Registered
261 Posts
It is all about risk and reward for the folks who are sticking out their neck on the development of engine modifications that violate federal law. As the enforcement continues to step up there will not be many people who want to put themselves in harms way to do this. It is definitely an industry that is in rapid decline. When I was at my dealer getting a flash for my 2020 we discussed this. The GM computer system will automatically put a flag in the system when plugged in if programming has been changed/deleted re-flashed or the sensors that are associated with the emissions systems have been altered or removed.

Not really much you can do about big brother now times have definitely changed. It was nice while it lasted though.

·
Registered
916 Posts
It is all about risk and reward for the folks who are sticking out their neck on the development of engine modifications that violate federal law. As the enforcement continues to step up there will not be many people who want to put themselves in harms way to do this. It is definitely an industry that is in rapid decline. When I was at my dealer getting a flash for my 2020 we discussed this. The GM computer system will automatically put a flag in the system when plugged in if programming has been changed/deleted re-flashed or the sensors that are associated with the emissions systems have been altered or removed.

Not really much you can do about big brother now times have definitely changed. It was nice while it lasted though.
Got to figure that the majority of guys that are deleted or planning to delete before their warranty is up aren't really worried about warranty work or whether or not their truck will be flagged in the system. Also,
if my truck was deleted i wouldn't take my vehicle to the dealership anyways for certain work for them to flag it in the system so that data could possibly be used to target individuals who have deleted if the EPA did decide to attack these individuals.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Got to figure that the majority of guys that are deleted or planning to delete before their warranty is up aren't really worried about warranty work or whether or not their truck will be flagged in the system. Also,
if my truck was deleted i wouldn't take my vehicle to the dealership anyways for certain work for them to flag it in the system so that data could possibly be used to target individuals who have deleted if the EPA did decide to attack these individuals.
Think you missed my point. It is not about you it is about the people who are at risk the most right now, people who develop and sell this illegal equipment and software. Not as many people take a new 80k truck and ruin it for resale and being worked on at a Dealer. Now maybe after a few years when the value of the vehicle goes down and others buy the vehicles used maybe there will be more demand. By then the market will be dead anyway.

Next thing that may come out is a requirement from the financing source not to tamper with the emissions equipment and put it in the contract. Crazy is where this is all going but hell it has been the law for Many years just ignored.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Think you missed my point. It is not about you it is about the people who are at risk the most right now, people who develop and sell this illegal equipment and software. Not as many people take a new 80k truck and ruin it for resale and being worked on at a Dealer. Now maybe after a few years when the value of the vehicle goes down and others buy the vehicles used maybe there will be more demand. By then the market will be dead anyway.

Next thing that may come out is a requirement from the financing source not to tamper with the emissions equipment and put it in the contract. Crazy is where this is all going but hell it has been the law for Many years just ignored.
I hear ya. I'm pretty much counting down the days until they require testing around my parts and I'll have to look into other options. Hoping i can find a way to get a farm tag so I can keep the truck the way i would like.

·
Registered
4,933 Posts
Either this guy is a “Ringer” for the EPA or he, she, or it never heard of the Intermet

oh im sorry.... it was posted on the internet so it must be true.... forgive me for questioning the absolute fact that you speak.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts