Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just like the title says........my filter is nasty and i need to clean it but dont know if its a dry or oiled fiter. any body know?

·
Registered
622 Posts
same here...

·
Registered
622 Posts
whats the best way to recharge one?

·
Registered
6,530 Posts
You should be able to purchase a "Recharge" / Cleaning kit for it with instructions and oil. I personally do not like the oiled filters, too much trouble when it comes to cleaning time and I tend to overdo some things like oil...lol But when the time comes to replace it, I would check out the options out there for dry media filters like the EAA Universal Replacement Filters. they are a 4yr 100K mile filter that is a dry "Nano-Fiber Technology" filter made by Donaldson exclusively for AMSOIL that is cleanable with a light vacuum cleaner or low pressure air hose blowing it out.

·
Registered
470 Posts
^^^X2...If i knew then what i know now i would buy a dry filter

·
Registered
45 Posts
just like the title says........my filter is nasty and i need to clean it but dont know if its a dry or oiled fiter. any body know?
The AIRAID filter is a Oiled filter and can be cleaned using a Airaid cleaning kit.

Airaid Cleaning Kit:AIRAID - The Performance Intake Company

Do not be fooled by Myths and Misconceptions that you have heard about “Oil” based filters and please keep in mind, All Oiled filters are not Created equally.

The Airaid filter is designed using 4 layers of cotton gauze and we incorporate a 5th layer of Synthetic material we call “Synthaflow”. The main advantage we have using our “Synthaflow” layer over just a cotton only filter is the Airaid filter offers far superior filtration to a cotton only filter, and the oil will not penetrate though the 5th layer of synthetic material, so you will never have to worry about any oil getting close to the sensors.

Another thing to keep in mind when comparing “Oiled” Vs. “Dry” filters, the Airaid filter when cleaned can be restored back to 100% Full Filtration efficiency, where a “Dry” filter can never be fully restored to 100% efficiency and the filtration just falls and falls as time goes on.

Thanks,
David

1 - 9 of 9 Posts