41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
No I didn't, but again... holes lol

·
Registered
521 Posts
06 gmc dually how do you reset fuel filter life? how many quarts when doing oil change 10 or 14?
Wrong place to post this question...

Use the SEARCH button. Im sure you will find your answers

·
Registered
2 Posts
ebc rotors

Dont get drilled and slotted.... go with ebc dimpled and slotted rotors.... the difference is that they dont drill all the way through the rotor... they dimple them instead.... you get the same performance but a much longer lasting rotor... had them on my old 97 6.5l and they lasted just as long as your standard rotors would :)good good luck!

·
Vendor
10,944 Posts
Not to start a battle here but I have a bunch of folks running drilled and slotted rotors and none of them have had any problems at all. One used to pull heavy loads of Xmas trees out of the VA mountains going up and down mountain roads yet never had any problems with warped or damaged rotors.

If I can help anyone with brake components for your Dmax, please don't hesitate to ask.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not to start a battle here but I have a bunch of folks running drilled and slotted rotors and none of them have had any problems at all. One used to pull heavy loads of Xmas trees out of the VA mountains going up and down mountain roads yet never had any problems with warped or damaged rotors.

If I can help anyone with brake components for your Dmax, please don't hesitate to ask.
Just a safe option if he's worried about warping.... i also havent had any problems with the drilled and slotted on my 08 dmax... i definately liked the dimpled ones better.... more meat there than the drilled... and they offered peace of mind

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
I didn't read the whole thing, but the post(s) with people saying they are going to drill their own rotors, was a joke right?

or are they that dumb?

·
Reign in Blood
4,555 Posts
I didn't read the whole thing, but the post(s) with people saying they are going to drill their own rotors, was a joke right?

or are they that dumb?
I probably would just buy them already done, but why would you think it would be dumb?

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
I probably would just buy them already done, but why would you think it would be dumb?
Real drilled rotors are not drilled. the rotors are forged with the holes already in them.

Taking an actual drill bit to a rotor, or buying a cheap drilled rotor (because the cheap rotors are actually drilled) is the source of horror stories like this:

·
Reign in Blood
4,555 Posts
interesting, look at that...learned something twice in the same thread.

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
I would never put drilled rotors on unless they're the real deal Brembo's or Wilwoods. The PowerStop, R1, etc are junk and are not forged with the holes. I've cracked several sets of drilled rotors on my old Integra.

To the OP, I have PowerSlot rotors with Hawk DuperDuty pads and Russel lines on my truck. Night and day difference in stopping. Especially once they're warmed up. It's definitely worth the upgrade over the stock rotors/pads.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I just ordered the Brake Performance dimpled & slotted with their upgraded pads! Haven't heard anything bad about them and I like the dimpled vs the drilled. Going to put Russell lines on as well after I get the calipers and rotors powdercoated.

·
Registered
95 Posts
If you invest the money for the good quality rotors, definitely well worth it. Dissipate heat so much faster than regular rotors. Have a set on my truck and definitely noticeable when pulling a trailer especially

·
Premium Member
2,379 Posts
Well, it's the New Year . . . on this thread, anyway.

Merry Xmas to me - Russel SS lines, SS Speedbleeders and Hawk LTS pads from Santa . . . on my credit card. :rolleyes:

But, no rotors yet. :help

Hook'em - how are those new Cryo's doing?

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,266 Posts
Handling the heat well, slots keepin' it clean with no glazing under high "I can smell 'em" heat.....several steep hills/stops combined with inaccurate weight slips (2.5 tons over...thx a lot :rolleyes:).
Long-term will show if the Cryo treat holds up to the stress cracking and/or warping.

I really like the new SS lines. It's a bit hard at first to get used to how touchy they make the top of the pedal feel. Definitely worth the cheap $$ extra, regardless of the route anyone goes on rotors/linings. :neener

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys I have a Chevy 2013 and have bought Cross Drilled Rotors and I am really happy with the performace. I found a Canadian online shop that offer great service and verry good prices. In the begining I was sceptic but once I have chat with the tech ... you can tell he knew what he was talking about. I feel that it is important to share with you guys the good products we find for our comunity. Ask for David to get a deal.
CrossDrilledRotors.ca - Your One Stop Shop for Brakes!

41 - 57 of 57 Posts