Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is thier anyone currently pushing 700hp with lbz rods in a DD? Reason im asking is because im planning a small mild build with LBZ rods and coated lb7 pistons among other little things. but i dont want to use lbz rods if their is a chance of them bending at 700hp. (i mean bend beyond the "even a stock truck can bend a rod theory).

So anyone runnin lbz rods in their motor build?

·
yep yep...
7,169 Posts
X2, fixin to build mine when it goes, wanting to do something similar.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Exactly what I want to do too. I'm gonna cryo treat them though.

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah. i dont wanna drop the $$$ for a badass build if im only gonna use 700hp. but before i buy lbz pistons and use them i wnna make sure its not a waste

·
Registered
591 Posts
Isnt Robs lbz on stock internals? Tuning has a lot to do with it.

·
Registered
13,557 Posts
Isnt Robs lbz on stock internals? Tuning has a lot to do with it.
rob sold the lbz, we have a new 6.7 now.

although my lbz is around 700 now on stock internals (not much longer tho)

but yes robs truck took 680-700 for 4+ years and is still going

·
Premium Member
3,274 Posts
Why put the money into building it with new bearings gaskets rings and balancing. And also you must replace the TTY rod bolts along with all the other TTY bolts in the motor just to take a chance with the price on good parts coming down. The 2nd time you go into rebuild is just going to cost you more in the long run if it takes out the block.

·
yep yep...
7,169 Posts
makes since to me. what about good rods and LB7 pistons.

·
Premium Member
3,274 Posts
makes since to me. what about good rods and LB7 pistons.

If you have a known good set of LB7 or LLY pistons you can send those in. We can have those checked and then cut and coated to save you money on your build and suplly you with new rings. Or if you want get you new pistons for the build at a very good price.:drink

Reactions: rockett92

·
yep yep...
7,169 Posts
i have a set off lly pistons in my truck, they looked good the last time it was apart, but we will see, im plannin on building it mid summer next yr, I just wanna start getting some shit together and have it ready so im not buying it all at once, and i want to overhaul/build it before it blows its got 178k hard miles on it.

·
Premium Member
3,274 Posts
i have a set off lly pistons in my truck, they looked good the last time it was apart, but we will see, im plannin on building it mid summer next yr, I just wanna start getting some shit together and have it ready so im not buying it all at once, and i want to overhaul/build it before it blows its got 178k hard miles on it.

With the miles you have on them I would just look at going overbored Once you start getting high miles you get alot of wear and teh bore is not true anymore and the rings will not seal the best. So its best to start with a nice clean hole and new slugs.

·
yep yep...
7,169 Posts
.010 or .020?

·
yep yep...
7,169 Posts
whats a set of them run? woulnt I have to go to a stage 2 head so it could breathe?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts