Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so this has been going on for a few days now. Whenever i make any sharp right turns i get a really bad grinding like sound. It doesnt happen when i turn left or if i take a turn really wide. It used to do this in past but it went away some time after i had a leaking brake line replaced. What could this be any help would be great. Thanks in advance. By the way im running 285/75 on factory 16. I also believe my torsion bars may be cranked just slightly but i dont know.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
lets just say my bars are fully cranked, I trimmed very little with 285/75/r16's... and I had to do it to stop the rubbing, my best guess would be yes they are rubbing

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmm im hoping so because the only other thing i can seem to find from the search is a wheel bearing.

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
It's easy to find out.....turn the wheel 100% left....and then look to see if it's touching plastic....then do the same for the right side....if it is or it's very very close, then you are rubbing.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bump anyone else have any help?

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bump.......

·
Noob
161 Posts
Did you try turning the wheel like n0useforname said? After you drive is there any clean looking spots on your wheel fender? If you back up with the wheel cranked is the noise even worse? If you're going over bumps with the wheel cranked is it more noticeable? These would probably all be indications you're rubbing. The person who owned the truck before me must've cranked the t-bars a bit because I'm on 285s and they ripped out the wheel well lining when I was backing up... So yeah...

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the reminder just did it and my tires are rubbing quite a bit on the mud flaps. Thanks for all the help guys.:drink

·
Registered
410 Posts
wonder why all you have/had rubbing. I had 285's on my stockers with no cranking of the bars and mine didnt rub at all, and I have mud flaps to. Now I did have to trim and crank to fit my 20's.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i dont know its weird i apparently had it rubbing before but it went away, and now its back to rubbing so im not all to sure.

·
Registered
33 Posts
rubbing mudflaps

We find that some can go as high as 315 tires without having the rub on turns. But some trucks can not even carry 285's. As long as the tires are not rubbing on the fender well liner, our lifted truck bracket will work.
You can take a look at this on our website at Mud Flaps For Pick Up Trucks SUVs by DuraFlap
Don't forget to call your order in as a member and receive a 10% discount.

DuraFlap

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.