Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are my cv angles a bit too extreme? I still have almost an inch before my uca's hit the bump stops.
It's the zone with the 5" rear block. Tuff country add-a-leaf, and front is the zone cranked up with Cognito Keys (almost maxed out)

I'm wanting to put some 4" blocks In the back soon and drop the truck down an inch than. Also looking to put some 37x13.50's on with 20x10 wheels with -21 offset

·
Registered
2008 Silverado 2500HD
906 Posts
haha. be careful. as long as its just a mall rig for showing off and looking good youll be fine. Go out wheeling or do a 4x4 launch and youll be replacing them. Looks great though!

·
Ask one to be one
5,660 Posts
If it was mine I would say yes. I lone my axles almost flat but living in Alaska I am in 4x4 a lot and I hate vibrations.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No way I'm about to 4x4 launch, no need for it when your stock tuned.
I drive around town on the ice/snow in 4x4 lots and even been on the highway in 4x4 with no vibrations what so ever.
I don't like to play in mud unless I absolutely have to being its so hard on equipment.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Another sask boy ... I'd honestly be careful. Ya there's lots of snow and ice and mud that need 4wd but imo they look a little much even with stock

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
They are not the worst I have seen but I have busted a couple CV's with straighter angles than those.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They Actually look a bit worse than they really are. Guess that's a bad pic to show them.
I'm gonna get some 4" blocks and new rear shocks and lower the truck down an inch. Hoping I can still clear the 37/13.50's but maintain a little better of a ride.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here let me get a better pic that I have. Must be the angle or something that makes them look so bad.
Here is how they actually are (older pic)

Same set up on that pic too.

Cv's were close to flat with the 5" blocks only.
Next time I'm definitely buying the cognito 7-9 set up or the 10-12 set up

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
The second pic looks WAY better. They are not horrible, but going lower is still a good idea :)

·
Premium Member
2,671 Posts
Are my cv angles a bit too extreme? I still have almost an inch before my uca's hit the bump stops.
It's the zone with the 5" rear block. Tuff country add-a-leaf, and front is the zone cranked up with Cognito Keys (almost maxed out)

I'm wanting to put some 4" blocks In the back soon and drop the truck down an inch than. Also looking to put some 37x13.50's on with 20x10 wheels with -21 offset
oh yea

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Those aren't bad at all. If your not doing any launches and or heavy off roading you'll be fine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts