Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day I pulled in to the parking lot here in San Diego where I am taking some college classes, and some kid asked me, "Are you a rancher?" Of course, I knew where he was going with this. I told him that I was not a rancher, and then he asks the question on everybody's mind, "So why do you drive such a big truck?" :mad:

After mentally pounding this guy repeatedly about the head :rockin, I calmly explained that I use my truck to pull my 26' RV.

Back home in Yuma, AZ, I would never be asked such a stupid question. But here in San Diego, the idiots step right up and ask. My other car is a Honda Civic, but since I am living 1/2 time in my RV, I drive my truck more often. I would drive my Honda here if I could, since the parking spaces here are so small and the gas milage is so much better, but...

So what other dumb questions are out there and what are some good comebacks that I can use the next time someone decides to ask me why I drive such a big truck.

·
Registered
93 Posts
"Damn sure am, got something to say A$$HOLE?" My personal though. Glad i don't live in CA ( I need :help?

·
Registered
680 Posts
I live Northern California, We have idiots here aswell, but in Southern California they try to act cool or tough, and are really pussies, and they drive lifted 2 wheel drive trucks. I go down there quite a bit, and I make fun everyone I see. Could "yeah I have a big truck to run over pussies like you." Most of all they have an ego trip. Could also say, yeah its a big truck, its my protection from all the idiot dirivers here in California.

·
Smoke. It's what's cookin
2,934 Posts
People used to ask why I drove a big truck and I told them, "Because I can!" That's all they need to know. And yes i do farm and use my truck quite a bit.

Ryan

·
Registered
35 Posts
Next time say because I dont care about the environment. LOL That should really get them going. Even though I think diesels are cleaner than a gasser.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ryan that is the same thing that I've said since I started driving my first diesel (f350 in 1995). "cause I can". I like the dumb look on their face then. I just continue on my way.
Chuck :cool

1 - 6 of 6 Posts