Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Chevy 2500 LML LT
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 2015 Chevy 2500 duramax lml and I was wondering how hard or if it’s even possible to delete and tune it in my driveway. I know that the delete is as simple as removing the def and egr and add the block plate. I also would like to run the ez lynk with 5 tunes, but my question is do I just buy the ez lynk and hook it up and it let it do it’s thing, or will I have to take it to someone or send off my ecm to get it tuned. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
239 Posts
No it’s that easy u can do it it your driveway no need for blocker plates just unplug the three plugs that run egr tune and go

·
Super Moderator
2017 GMC Denali 2500HD, 3.5" Rough Country Lift, 305/55R20 Yokohama Geolandar A/T
3,179 Posts
No it’s that easy u can do it it your driveway no need for blocker plates just unplug the three plugs that run egr tune and go
I would add remove the DPF before you go anywhere. A delete tune with the DPF still intact is going to be a bad time.

·
Registered
239 Posts
O and remove dpf

Reactions: Melonhead1102

·
Registered
797 Posts
Make sure you have a tune before you start.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
keep in mind a DPF delete pipe is not that easy to get anymore, and do not throw out your DPF no matter what you may think!! A good muffler shop can build a "test pipe".

·
Registered
239 Posts
JMO I would not start anything without all the things needed to do it I guess didn’t mention that I hope it would be common sense u can get the parts if u look a little also no problem 👍🍻🇺🇸🍻🇺🇸👍

Reactions: Melonhead1102

·
Premium Member
2013 GMC Denali 2500 CCSB 4x4
118 Posts
You’ll have to get tuning files, or "tunes", to flash with your EZLynx, from someone. No one is publicly doing delete tuning in the US anymore; you’ll have to find someone by word-of-mouth or look outside our borders. You’ll need this before removing/blocking anything or your truck will quickly go into limp mode.

Parts, especially from well-known names, are getting hard to come by as well, as others have mentioned. You may have to use eBay or Craigslist or get them from lesser-known vendors.

All that said, you can do it in your driveway. If I were to go that route I would do it in my garage along with my CP3 upgrade. I’d keep all the leftover parts that resulted from my gross mechanical ineptitude and swap in a used ECM for the tune so the stock one could remain untouched.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.