Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,
comparing some side steps / nerf bars for '20+ 3500 crew cab... does anyone know what the part number is or have a decent pic of the "dealer installed" AT4 "High Clearance Steps" option ? I see it on the pics of some At4s and on the build site but does anyone have a closer look pic ? They kinda look like 84742428 but hard to tell from afar.. Is it really high vs something like one of the regular options like say 84676713 ?

thx

·
Registered
6,775 Posts
There are now 3 steps available for AT4.

RPO codes for steps for HD AT4:

Step for 3500 AT4
S6L LPO, Sport Step, Black, (dealer-installed)

New RPO code for the high clearance step for AT4
VXW NEW! LPO, AT4 high clearance step, (dealer-installed)
1 - Included with (PDG) AT4 Premium Plus Package.

And also a power retractable for AT4
B3L NEW! Assist steps, power retractable, Black, includes LED lighting
1 - Requires and only available with (PDG) AT4 Premium Plus Package. Not available with any other assist steps.

·
Registered
6,775 Posts
the VXW ones, are those available ordered sepeately ? any pics ?
The info is from the order guide.
It doesn't have pics, pricing or part numbers.

Just wanted you to know that there a 3 versions available for AT4.

Build and price shows no pic for the retractable one,

but has this pic for High clearance verison

and this one it calls 'offroad black assist step'

·
Registered
3 Posts
yeah like the first pic, thats literally the only "VXW" or whatever "High Clearance Step" pic ive seen
I have been looking for this as well and I believe the part number for the AT4 High Clearance Step is 84630475

Here is a picture from the Truck Builder

Here is the picture from the GM Parts store.

I am wondering if I can delete the power steps that I have and put these one .... the power steps are cool but they are really a PIA if you get in and out of your truck often.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Hood Automotive tire
Automotive tire Automotive exterior Bumper Rectangle Automotive design
Automotive tire Automotive exterior Bumper Rectangle Automotive design

·
Registered
280 Posts
AT4 high clearance steps are currently on restraint for new orders. It's likely that they're on backorder as a parts and accessories option too.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I ordered the high clearance steps for my AT4 that should hopefully get built in the next couple of weeks. The order form has YM8 LPO on it which i am assuming is the code for the steps ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I ordered the high clearance steps for my AT4 that should hopefully get built in the next couple of weeks. The order form has YM8 LPO on it which i am assuming is the code for the steps ?
I hope you get ur truck man, with the semiconductor shortage and GM cut production on a bunch of stuff I was told that this last batch of AT4's would likely be it for a couple of months until the supply chain side was worked out.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I hope you get ur truck man, with the semiconductor shortage and GM cut production on a bunch of stuff I was told that this last batch of AT4's would likely be it for a couple of months until the supply chain side was worked out.
Who told you this?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Who told you this?
Sales manger at dealership, you can read all over the net about the semiconductor shortage and how GM is focusing on their best selling vehicles and has already shut several plants down because of it. Dealer guy said that 1500 series for trucks was best selling and that the AT4 HDs that are shipping now will be the last for several months. I had already bought my truck when he said this so not sure why he would lie plus this is the 3rd truck I have bought from him, he has never feed me a line before.

He specifically said the AT4 trim line was being effected.

But it all could have been BS.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Interesting, hearing in another thread from an actual employee at the plant that the semi conductor shortage is not affecting their HD plant.

Sales manger at dealership, you can read all over the net about the semiconductor shortage and how GM is focusing on their best selling vehicles and has already shut several plants down because of it. Dealer guy said that 1500 series for trucks was best selling and that the AT4 HDs that are shipping now will be the last for several months. I had already bought my truck when he said this so not sure why he would lie plus this is the 3rd truck I have bought from him, he has never feed me a line before.

·
Registered
121 Posts

Sounds suspect to me...I cannot think of a difference in the HD at4 that would be effected by shortages that wouldn't effect the others...

I have had sales managers tell me that the semiconductor shortages are effecting the HD at4 and in the same sentence tell me it was the lift components as they sit higher...a lot of them are clueless.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My dealer gave me part number 84630474. Not sure if there are different part numbers for 1500 vs 2500 versions of this step? It looks like it stops at the back of the cab so wheelbase between bed lengths shouldn't impact the part number. Anyone have any insight into this? Also I know they are on constraint but any inside information on where or when we will be able to order these as an accessory?

I have been looking for this as well and I believe the part number for the AT4 High Clearance Step is 84630475

Here is a picture from the Truck Builder
View attachment 1086081

Here is the picture from the GM Parts store.
View attachment 1086082

I am wondering if I can delete the power steps that I have and put these one .... the power steps are cool but they are really a PIA if you get in and out of your truck often. View attachment 1086081 View attachment 1086082 View attachment 1086082

·
Registered
1 Posts
My dealer gave me part number 84630474. Not sure if there are different part numbers for 1500 vs 2500 versions of this step? It looks like it stops at the back of the cab so wheelbase between bed lengths shouldn't impact the part number. Anyone have any insight into this? Also I know they are on constraint but any inside information on where or when we will be able to order these as an accessory?
In talking with the dealer - part number 84630474 is for the Crew Cab, 84630475 is for the Double Cab.

·
Registered
1 Posts
In talking with the dealer - part number 84630474 is for the Crew Cab, 84630475 is for the Double Cab.
Part number 84630474 is for the AT4 " Crew Cab" . Part number 84630475 is for the AT4"Double cab "

I just removed mine . Almost brand new from my 2021 AT4 . I purchased power step's instead. I am selling mine ( 84630474 crew cab ) for $ 550.00 cash only . Tampa Florida

·
Registered
2021 GMC Sierra 1500 AT-4 Carbon Pro
83 Posts
Part number 84630474 is for the AT4 " Crew Cab" . Part number 84630475 is for the AT4"Double cab "

I just removed mine . Almost brand new from my 2021 AT4 . I purchased power step's instead. I am selling mine ( 84630474 crew cab ) for $ 550.00 cash only . Tampa Florida
Would you ship? Very interested (located in Montana). Assuming they are for a crew cab.

·
Registered
1 Posts

I'm interested, in Gainesville, FL. Can you please post some photos?? Moreover, do you believe the existing bolts from the standard side rails work with these??

·
Registered
1 Posts

I’m interested in these if still selling. Message me

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a new in the box set of the 84630474 that I did not put on my 2021 Sierra 1500 AT4, looking to sell as I put on power steps. Located in Farmington MN
Any ideas on how much I should list them for?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts