Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nothing said here is a knock on ATP. They treated me very well in all of my dealings with them.

I have an ATP autocal linked to ATP. ATP has a unlink website where you can request an unlink. Once unlinked the AC can be used by another tuner and one can receive tune support for those tunes.

Being ATP is offering this unlink service I wanted to get my code ASAP. I don't plan on using it ASAP but in the future if I need to use it I'll have it.

As far as I know without the unlink the ATP AC can not be used to flash another tuner's tune As far as I know there is no other way to unlink an AC. Being ATP is gone there will be no new tunes or tune support coming from ATP... a truly sad thing thanks to the EPA gangsters.

This is my problem.

I requested an ATP AC unlink code but have yet to hear back from them. Has anyone had any success with ATP responding to unlink requests?

·
Premium Member
9,571 Posts
Got my code back right away but that was a while back.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got my code back right away but that was a while back.
I made my request about 2 weeks ago.

I understand ATP created the webpage to be a service for their customers since they are now out of the business. ATP was all about good customer service so the unlink service really comes at no surprise.

I understand other tuners either charge for an unlink or don't offer the service at all.

Since the ATP unlink service webpage has been available for some time I'm concerned no one is monitoring the requests.

·
Premium Member
9,571 Posts
Could be, maybe try it again for good measure.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think rob is away on a trip for the next 2-3 weeks.
That could explain it. That would be in the period I made my request.
I've made two requests so I'll wait until the middle of the month to make another.
I've been told while Rob is offering to unlink it would be wise to get the code. This unlink offer may go away without further notice.
The code will work at any time to unlink your ATP AC ... so save if for the day you need it.

·
Registered
7,229 Posts
Are you having ATP tune issues or just bothered that you can’t get changes.
Nothings going to change with the tuning you have now, it’s in there for the duration.
I’m still running my very first ATP tune I got 6/2012, sure I’ve tried 3 different EFI tuners (3 Autocals) getting multiple tunes hoping one just might be better over the last 8 years, and always go back to my ATP.
My personally I wouldn’t stress over ATP no longer in business, his tunes are still the best.
And they won’t stop working just because.

If you unlock your AutoCal, you’ll never be able to use it for any of the ATP tunes you now have.
I have several ATP tunes various hp, if I ever decide I want to try another hp tune I’ll be able to, unlocked everything’s gone.

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,292 Posts
Things change, trucks change, life changes.....
I wanted to get my code ASAP. I don't plan on using it ASAP but in the future if I need to use it I'll have it.

·
Registered
7,229 Posts
I understand, one guy several months ago was freaking out because of the ATP situation felt the tuning would change on him just because.
Very few tuners left to just jump ship just because, stock tuning like custom tuning will be in the life of the vehicle.
If you have a ECM issue and had to replace it, you’d have the device to put’er back like you had it.
If you need delete tuning in the USA good luck with that, north of the boarder maybe, or trust worthy eBay.

Maybe consider starting all over with another AutoCal, that way if your not happy with a new tuner, you can go back to your ATP AC.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nothings going to change with the tuning you have now, it’s in there for the duration.
I’m still running my very first ATP tune I got 6/2012, sure I’ve tried 3 different EFI tuners (3 Autocals) getting multiple tunes hoping one just might be better over the last 8 years, and always go back to my ATP.
My personally I wouldn’t stress over ATP no longer in business, his tunes are still the best.

If you unlock your AutoCal, you’ll never be able to use it for any of the ATP tunes you now have.
I have several ATP tunes various hp, if I ever decide I want to try another hp tune I’ll be able to, unlocked everything’s gone.
I am aware nothing will happen to the tunes I already have simply because ATP went away but any support for those tunes… and all of the ATP tunes used by others… has went away.

If I make any additional truck changes the ATP tune won't cover having the unlink code is going to help.

Keep in mind Rob may discontinue this free unlink service for any number of reasons.

There isn’t any time frame to use the code once it is received. It will always work to unlink the AC from ATP if the day comes you need to.

I’m in no rush to change Rob’s tunes. I had given some thought to linking to a tuner I won’t name but I'm now looking at other alternatives.

I don’t want to own a bunch of ACs… one linked to an active tuner is enough... but I can see how having more than one AC happens. If an AC is unlinked from ATP to link to another tuner the ATP tunes are lost forever. If the new tunes aren’t as good as ATP tunes one can’t go back to ATP tunes. In your case having your ATP tunes on a separate AC saves them… forever.

It would be a nice feature if the AC end user could buy a license and a key then use custom tunes on his AC from any tuner without linking to a tuner.

IMHO… as time goes by custom tuners are going to be forced underground or face what Rob faced.

It is standard government procedure to go after the most noteworthy “offender” in these situations. They want to send a message to other “offenders” … this will happen to you. In the language used by gangster federal agencies they say these actions improve “compliance”. What they mean is… threaten to financially destroy an individual to force compliance.

A tuner I won’t name told me he is surprised another high-profile tuner on the west coast hasn’t faced the EPA.

I received an unsolicited email from a tuner I have never heard of in the past. I won’t state what he said exactly for obvious reasons but the inference was his tunes are as good as Rob’s. If anyone wants to know more send me a PM. I won’t respond to anyone with less than a Junior Member status.

People in the custom tune community ought to become more secretive about who is doing their tunes. I’m sure Rob’s high-profile status which the community helped to give him… I did… brought him to the attention of the EPA.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

I am aware nothing will happen to the tunes I already have simply because ATP went away but any support for those tunes… and all of the ATP tunes used by others… has went away.

If I make any additional truck changes the ATP tune won't cover having the unlink code is going to help.

Keep in mind Rob may discontinue this free unlink service for any number of reasons.

There isn’t any time frame to use the code once it is received. It will always work to unlink the AC from ATP if the day comes you need to.

I’m in no rush to change Rob’s tunes. I had given some thought to linking to a tuner I won’t name but I'm now looking at other alternatives.

I don’t want to own a bunch of ACs… one linked to an active tuner is enough... but I can see how having more than one AC happens. If an AC is unlinked from ATP to link to another tuner the ATP tunes are lost forever. If the new tunes aren’t as good as ATP tunes one can’t go back to ATP tunes. In your case having your ATP tunes on a separate AC saves them… forever.

It would be a nice feature if the AC end user could buy a license and a key then use custom tunes on his AC from any tuner without linking to a tuner.

IMHO… as time goes by custom tuners are going to be forced underground or face what Rob faced.

It is standard government procedure to go after the most noteworthy “offender” in these situations. They want to send a message to other “offenders” … this will happen to you. In the language used by gangster federal agencies they say these actions improve “compliance”. What they mean is… threaten to financially destroy an individual to force compliance.

A tuner I won’t name told me he is surprised another high-profile tuner on the west coast hasn’t faced the EPA.

I received an unsolicited email from a tuner I have never heard of in the past. I won’t state what he said exactly for obvious reasons but the inference was his tunes are as good as Rob’s. If anyone wants to know more send me a PM. I won’t respond to anyone with less than a Junior Member status.

People in the custom tune community ought to become more secretive about who is doing their tunes. I’m sure Rob’s high-profile status which the community helped to give him… I did… brought him to the attention of the EPA.

·
Registered
7,229 Posts
I started off with Dmax tuner, there was a small issue that couldn’t be corrected, long back and forth discussion on EFILive forum.
On with Rob, he felt he could correct what bothered me, so I went with ATP and another AC, concern was eliminated. :thumb
I didn’t want to jump the ship and unlock my Dmax tuner AC, if ATP couldn’t solve my concern.

Then overtime Dmax tuner started trying TCM tuning and offered me a few mild trans tunes to try for my feedback. :thumb
Then one day I went into a goofy mode and wanted to try RR tunes, so for some 'dunno; why reason I removed the trans tune and unlocked my Dmax tuner AC, to get RR tunes.

'dunno; Why I had a brain fart removing the TCM tune which I liked, only the joker knows.

I had a EFI AC for my Denali gasser (different tuner) but didn’t care for the ECM tunes, but happy with the TCM tunes.
Knowing more about how all this works, I’ve run only the TCM tune for about 5 years so I left the TCM tune in and unlocked that AutoCal then got Dmax tuner loaded back-in for 2 reasons.
#1 This way I could put the TCM tune back in :smile2: for my Dmax.
#2 Dmax tuner and MotorOps share the same AC which gave me the opportunity to try MotorOps tuning already having Dmax tuner tunes, if $$$ savings.
Win-win IMO.

Having the unlock code available :thumb
Using it might not be the best idea IMO, with the EFI selections available now who knows what you’ll get these days.

I’m not well informed on owning a EFI V2, maybe something to look into.
I think the tunes have to be written in a V2 format.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I started off with Dmax tuner, there was a small issue that couldn’t be corrected, long back and forth discussion on EFILive forum.
On with Rob, he felt he could correct what bothered me, so I went with ATP and another AC, concern was eliminated. :thumb
I didn’t want to jump the ship and unlock my Dmax tuner AC, if ATP couldn’t solve my concern.

Then overtime Dmax tuner started trying TCM tuning and offered me a few mild trans tunes to try for my feedback. :thumb
Then one day I went into a goofy mode and wanted to try RR tunes, so for some 'dunno; why reason I removed the trans tune and unlocked my Dmax tuner AC, to get RR tunes.

'dunno; Why I had a brain fart removing the TCM tune which I liked, only the joker knows.

I had a EFI AC for my Denali gasser (different tuner) but didn’t care for the ECM tunes, but happy with the TCM tunes.
Knowing more about how all this works, I’ve run only the TCM tune for about 5 years so I left the TCM tune in and unlocked that AutoCal then got Dmax tuner loaded back-in for 2 reasons.
#1 This way I could put the TCM tune back in :smile2: for my Dmax.
#2 Dmax tuner and MotorOps share the same AC which gave me the opportunity to try MotorOps tuning already having Dmax tuner tunes, if $$$ savings.
Win-win IMO.

Having the unlock code available :thumb
Using it might not be the best idea IMO, with the EFI selections available now who knows what you’ll get these days.

I’m not well informed on owning a EFI V2, maybe something to look into.
I think the tunes have to be written in a V2 format.
Quite a tuner story but completely legit.

It would be a lot cleaner story if one could own the license and the key for one AC and then load it will all of the tunes he bought from various tune writers.

Maybe the V2 tuner allows this. Like you I don’t know. Its enough for me to keep up with operating an AC.

I’ve never spent much time on the EFILive forum or their website nor have I spent much time understanding how the tunes are written. I understand the basics of what they do and that’s enough for me. I just don’t have the time to spend on it.

·
Registered
7,229 Posts
I guess if you didn’t run into a oil life issue or any concern like I did with EFI, where I didn’t have this issue stock with Edge or with Quadzilla no DPF tunes, then I probably wouldn’t care either about the forum trying to solve something others didn’t care about.

3 out of 4 tuners just said ignore what’s happening, and one, Rob solved this concern.
I didn’t pay this kind of money for EFI having something that didn’t work completely properly and told to just ignore what was happening.

I mentioned my concern with the last 2, they did not care again just said ignore what’s happening.
“I tried for a while and it’s not going to be ignored, I just won’t run their tuning, pretty simple conclusion.

I only went EFI for the turbo brake option in the first place, I was happy with my Quadzilla and I still have it under my desk, still functioning.

On EFI tunes for the V2, the tunes have to be written in a V2 format, this the tuner has to do.
Written in AC format will not work for a V2.
RR originally sent my first set of tunes for a V2, they wouldn’t load, had to resend them for a AC.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts