Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well got my new Quadzilla Adrenaline installed.... put it on 4 went into LIMP mode as soon as I hit the highway cranked it down and still slippin now runnin stock and that torque converter is still slippin.
:help
My question is has any one used/heard anything about the ATS Five Star Viskus Drive Torque Converter? It isnt much more than most triple disc TCs are and this one is a 5 disc and from what I have read its a [email protected] strong TC but hey when it comes to transmissions its like a foriegn language to me so any input would be great!

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
are you letting the trans relearn the power levels? a tc will help you alittle bit but your still going to be slipping the hell out of the clutches, its best to do a trans build and tc all in one shot, instead of doing it twice

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Im not bashing ATS or anything but i would spend my money elsewhere. I talked to our local dealer of ATS parts and he wouldnt even recommend them.

·
NewEST Spinny Thinggg
4,291 Posts
get a precison they are better then ats IMO and are rated at 1200hp...for 1K not a bad deal and the are stong as any out there

·
AKA treyfox11
2,250 Posts
the five disc converters are known for breaking stock flywheels just a thought

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I guess I forgot to mention it will be going into either a stage 5 suncoast or I will be having a shop build mine. The precision was my second choice actually just trying to weigh out my options..... are they breaking the flywheel cuz the tc handles more power than the flywheel or is it a design flaw?

·
AKA treyfox11
2,250 Posts
not sure on that

·
Registered
156 Posts
I just put one in and I love it.

·
AKA treyfox11
2,250 Posts
yeah but if you had a precision ml you would think its junk lol

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
I dont just blindly say ATS is junk because I dont like purple or something. I personally know people who had bad experiences with them. Its hit or miss I guess, Some love 'em some hate 'em. Precision or Suncoast would be way before ATS on my list. Just stay away from Performance Innovations whatever you do.

·
Registered
156 Posts
True, its like anything else though, I have heard of everyones stuff breaking at one point or another. ATS seems to get a bad rap, which some of it is true. But they have there products in some of the baddest Dmax trucks out there.

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
True, its like anything else though, I have heard of everyones stuff breaking at one point or another. ATS seems to get a bad rap, which some of it is true. But they have there products in some of the baddest Dmax trucks out there.
Name a few.

·
AKA treyfox11
2,250 Posts
^^^^^^^ha ha lol ^^^^^^^^^^

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
The one truck I drove with an ATS stage 3 & co pilot felt like the biggest hunk of crap. Rough shifts were present even with co pilot off. I wanted to stop driving it out of fear I was gonna break it.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Name a few.
Im not starting anything just thought I would give my opinion but there are a few, like Michael Tomacs, Newlys, Wade Boyds,Tony Burkhardts. Not that it matters, everyone has their prefrence.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Wow glad I asked.... didn't expect these kind of answers haha but definately interesting Thanks fellas

·
Registered
303 Posts
any tranny question is going to build a war. I had a stage two ATS tranny in my LB7 without a co pilot and it shifted way nice. never had a problem with it but i baby my trucks like crazy. If your going to get a suncoast i would just get a suncoast tc instead of mix matching everything. sad to say but ive heard alot of people complaining about ATS tranny's but nothing ever really bad about suncoast or anything at all and some people are running the precision tc and havent heard anything bad about those. so ill probably be trying the suncoast for my next tranny.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well I agree I never really jear anything about ats but I hear a lot about suncoast and precision and they are all good but I can't find any good info on the precision converters so it maybe suncoast and suncoast rebuild kit (gmax if I take it to a shop stage 5 if I do it myself)

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
What ya mean lol

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.