Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am in the process of buyin a used 5 star converter as it is a good deal i think anyway. anything i should know about them before i send the money. the guy said it works and performs just fine. hard to pass up and i think it well be lots for what im ever gonna do with my truck. any thoughts???

·
Registered
683 Posts
what speed stall is it

·
That One Guy
7,421 Posts
Do you have a built transmission with a converter you don't like?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the stall speed is 1700. i dont have a built tranny yet but am in the process of getting it done and this was a needed item and this used one just happened to go up for sale. i dont have a whole lot of money to drop on it. i talked to a guy at ats and explained the situation and he said it should be good for the setup i well be running as i have stock turbo and efi live is on the way.

·
That One Guy
7,421 Posts
Yeah as long as its good and you are building your transmission it will be perfect. If you have a stock transmission you would tear up your clutches real fast if you went over 90hp over stock.

·
Registered
729 Posts
My ats stage II came with a 5star and i really like it. ats is the onlyone out there with a 5disc converter so thats pretty cool. Cant beat their warranty either

1 - 6 of 6 Posts