Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Earlier this week a trio of hoodlums attempted to steal my 06 2500cc. They backed up to it at 11:48 am at an academy sports and outdoors on the west side of San Antonio. Video showed them parked for 3 minutes. Then they took off. They successfully punched the door lock in, broke off steering column covers, broke mechanism on ign cylinder but couldn’t get it started. After the LE got there and did their investigation, I then got inside and attempted to start it. First key and one spare didn’t get it to turn. I’m thinking tow truck now. Had a third key in the truck. An older spare. Tried this one and Shazam, cylinder turned and fired up the truck. Gear selector and steering were not damaged. That third key will only turn the cylinder when inserted one way. If you flip it, the cylinder will not turn. Anybody have any idea as to what I might be looking at as far as cost for repairs. Still have full coverage on her.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,057 Posts
at least an ignition Key cylinder:

GM US312LT $28

and possibly an Ignition Lock Housing

ACDELCO 88965342 $68

Both at Rock Auto

Since it did start with the old key Im guessing all you need is the key cylinder

1 - 2 of 2 Posts