Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:help ok so ive been trying to get some h2 wheels for awhile now and may have a set....i plan on running 305-65-17 on them and the 3 tires im considering are the mickey thompson atz's the bfg a/t and the procomp extreme a/t.......
i have run the bfg many times in the past but not a huge fan of them.....my main question is how are the procomps and the mickey thompsons? do there side walls hold up to the weight of our diesels? any and all input would be great :)

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
My BFG's where shot within 15k.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
they dont make the terra grapler in 305-65-17 or id be all over them!!!! there my fav tire i got 7 of my friends running that tire!!! but the look i want i can only get with the above size and nitto dont make it :(

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
get the bfgs, they have a 50k warrenty if you purchase them from discount tire. If you where them out quick they will mileage warrenty them. NOTHING is better than a bfg.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Bfg is a grandpa tire not a good looking tire. Have you seen a bfg on himmer wheel its ugly. Imo I would do the extreme at or atz both are great looking tires. My buddy has 47k on his atzs. Try looking for the new trail grappler its designed for heavy trucks like ours and looks awesome

·
Registered
969 Posts
I have BFG km2's, and really like them they work good when im in the mud hunting, and work good on the street. My last set of BFG's (km1's) I was able to get 60000 miles out of them with tire rotation every 5k. IMO you cant get a better all around tire and with rotation you can get excellent wear.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I have ATZ's. I love the traction. not sure on wear yet I only have 2000 miles on them

·
Registered
130 Posts
i really like the bfg at

·
Registered
338 Posts
i like my extream at i have about 10,000 miles on them and they look brand new. the only thing is they only come in D i wish the came in E

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
in the 305-65-17 is an e range in all 3 choices i listed.......im not to happy with the bfg a/t's im leaning towards the atz's cause i can get them foe 180 less then the extreme at's ....just wondering how they hold up under the weight of a diesel.....not to mention i plow also!!! has anyone done and sled pulling on the atz's or the extreme at's ???

·
Registered
582 Posts
I've got around 11,000 miles on my ATZ's and they still look new, and I accelerate pretty hard all the time. Just keep them inflated properly and rotate them like any other tire and they will be good.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
IMO the Pro Comp's are the best looking tire becuase they look a MT tire. I have a buddy with the Pro Comp's and they are wearing fast he says. I would probably choose the ATZ's myself if i was buying an AT tire.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Love my Xtreme ATs. This is the second truck I have had them on.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
I personally keep going right back to the BF's.. They work better than the rest for the crap I come across and I personally think they look way better than the rest. Sidewalls are rigth on. they do last a long time, and they work snow well. I have ad the rest and BF's by far are way better. I was thinking the ATZ's next run but need to figure out what size first. The mickey T's I had on my ford and I would deff not let them be next to a BF. Go BF man your in NY don't be scared. Give them the chance.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Im on my 3rd set of bfg at ko's my friend......im not thrilled about them ! there decent at everything but my nitto terra grapplers were a touch better at everything they just dont come in the size i want! so my other 2 options are atz and the extreme at's

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Moroney167......u should post up some pics man id like to see your truck !!!! i was just out in newburg to plow a church parking lot on sat. .....you guys got slamned

·
Registered
41 Posts
Depends on what you want. Both the ATZs and Xtremes look good IMO. My buddy has ATZs and I have the Xtremes. His are actually louder on the road than mine are and mine to better off road. Just my .02.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Moroney167......u should post up some pics man id like to see your truck !!!! i was just out in newburg to plow a church parking lot on sat. .....you guys got slamned
She is pretty beat from all that snow.. I mean dents on the doors and scratches head to toe... im really happy about that ha.

Well if your down here find me man no worries. I am right at my shop pretty much all the time. Right out of the burgh. New Windsor to be exact. Come up we can have a mini meet w/ the trucks haha

1 - 20 of 27 Posts