Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Vendor
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Your previous months winner (@DirtEmax-USMC) has picked a topic, and it is "off the beaten path". Lets see some pic of your duramax off the beaten path. 2 pics per entry, top 10 as picked by the Dmax store make the poll. Winner gets a $200 Dmax store gift card.

Poll goes up on the 24th, so all pics need to be in before then..

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
Sub'd .... May have to take a little adventure in the coming weeks.

·
Premium Member
1,741 Posts
Nice choice! Looking forward to entries. I may have to get in on this one.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Missed last month's ROTM by just a couple days so here is my submission for August! The ol LB7 is a pavement princess for sure but is definitely not "allergic to dirt"! Some old pics I had from my cabin in Arnold, California.

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
My 2014 captured by one of my trail cameras

Attachments

·
Heavy Metal
102 Posts
A few steps to taking good BASIC pictures.

How do you post pictures to not be so blurry?

1. Start with a reasonably late model mobile phone or a decent digital point and shoot. Something like a Canon Rebel or Elf for example. Just about any late model digital camera or mobile phone with auto focus is pretty good.

2. Set picture resolution (size) as high as it can go on either your camera or phone.

3. Keep body motion still when shooting. Use a tripod if convenient, if handheld I like to tuck my elbows tight into my sides and snap the picture on exhale.

4. Use morning or early evening light (not dark) and always keep the sun to your back unless you want a sunset or a sunrise.

5. Avoid long telephoto shots whenever possible unless you are using a tripod. Even then, best to keep your subjects no further than 15-20 feet away.

6. When post processing your digital picture on a computer make a copy and reduce (copy) picture size to no lower than 640x480 for uploading to this site. You can always reduce picture size but you can't bump it up easily.

7. Always work off a copy and not the original.

8. Lastly, some software editing tools have a sharpen function which will allow you to clean up the edges of your subject.

I hope this helps.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Just posting to drum up some inspiration...

side note: seems like there are some image compression issues that are making all the photos blurry.

Reactions: DirtEmax-USMC

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Just posting to drum up some inspiration...

side note: seems like there are some image compression issues that are making all the photos blurry.
New wheels, no more gold?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts