Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
Yes, (the interior one) but you will have to push it every time you start the truck.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, (the interior one) but you will have to push it every time you start the truck.

Thanks alot. I am on the road alot and with the snowstorms we get here in upstate NY. It's tough at night driving with your headlights on. Your basically blinded. I had a rental trailblazer a couple of weeks ago and I was driving in a lake effect storm and I could actually see better by turning the headlights off and running with the parking lights. Thanks again.

·
Registered
46 Posts
daytime running lights

Will the override of the daytime running lights work on any year GMC , including Canadian trucks ? As the headlight switch wont allow you to turn off your daytime running lights on a truck sold in Canada.
fenmor.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
It only works on the 2002 and older I believe. Canadian trucks are a whole different animal and you can't over-ride it on those trucks that I am aware of. My 2004, I just pulled the fuse for the DRLs since they would always burn out anyway. I can move my switch to parking lights and the headlights go off on it. I haven't tried the dome over-ride with my 04 though.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I may have a problem becasue I am told that my truck was mfged in canada. But I will still try it and see how it works. Thanks again

It only works on the 2002 and older I believe. Canadian trucks are a whole different animal and you can't over-ride it on those trucks that I am aware of. My 2004, I just pulled the fuse for the DRLs since they would always burn out anyway. I can move my switch to parking lights and the headlights go off on it. I haven't tried the dome over-ride with my 04 though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts