Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying to decide for a couple days if I wanna go with the Autocal or with the v2? Whats your guys opinions? I'm not going to be making my own tunes. Right now I have a stock tranny and dont plan on upgrading it for a good while unless i need to or come across a deal. So what do you guys think I should do?

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
autocal from someone like BoBo Kory or Rob

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alright, I was looking at Kory on syntheticmotorsports.com

·
Registered
751 Posts
I'm buying a v2 so that I am not locked to a tuner. I had the tuning done on my truck and that tuner has up and disapared with no way of getting a hold of him, so now I'm stuck going with a new tuner to tune my truck for when I put my turbo on. I went with the v2 so I don't have this problem ever again.

·
Registered
222 Posts
So if I buy an autocal im stuck with the tuner I bought it from?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Alright, I was looking at Kory on syntheticmotorsports.com
I just got the autocal from Willie at synthetic motorsports with Kory's tuning two weeks ago and am very pleased with my purchase. They were very helpful in answering my questions. I haven't even had a chance to burn through a full tank of fuel yet and get a hand calculated MPG average but the DIC results seem to be a big improvement. Power is great, shifts smoothly and NO smoke which is the way I like it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I think Kory will do free updates for any basic tunes and only a minor charge for tunes if changing a turbo or bigger injectors, etc....

You wont be worried about switching tunes because you want be able to get the perma-grin :D off your face with Kory's tunes.

Do it right the first time and buy Kory's or Idaho Rob's tunes and you will be set.

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
got mine from synthetic motorsports to ,,trucks runs 100% better than the tuner i had before,and they have awesome customer service,,,i also asked a hundred questions and he walked me threw them,good luck

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
autocal from someone like BoBo Kory or Rob
I'm buying a v2 so that I am not locked to a tuner. I had the tuning done on my truck and that tuner has up and disapared with no way of getting a hold of him, so now I'm stuck going with a new tuner to tune my truck for when I put my turbo on. I went with the v2 so I don't have this problem ever again.

the 3 I listed on top won't be done tuning for a long time I have a hunch!:thumb

and they are pretty dang good at it too just use the search function in efi live section

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Those are the only names I hear when I think of EFI. And I've also heard about longhornfagshop being garbage tuners lol. I think if i go with the autocal, and kory or robs tune ill be set with a big ole grin :)

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ill check it out. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thats where I am leaning. The only problem with autocal is if i want to change tuners or make my own. I dont plan on making my own and if i go with a big tuner like rob or kory they will be around for a good time and i wont have to be stuck with the same tunes forever. It is also about $300 cheaper so i think my decision is autocal. lol

·
Registered
751 Posts
Nobody thought Trent Nell would go any were, Try to find him now.

·
Administrator
16,851 Posts
I'd get an AutoCal from Kory or Rob.

I'd take the gamble on them being around as long as you are buying tunes with that AutoCal if I were in your boat. A v2 is great if you want to play with tunes, but that is becoming less valuable as most tunes are locked now.

·
Bobo
684 Posts
Nobody thought Trent Nell would go any were, Try to find him now.
It's unfortunate for his customers, but it does happen. Lets just hope he comes back sometime and can move forward to help his customers out. All to often we forget that these business owners are people too. We have families, friends, and customers we all care about. My sister passed away from cancer a little over a year ago. The great thing about being mostly a local business was that my friends and customers all knew what our family was going through so they were very understanding, supportive, and helpful. Getting that sort of help and support can sometimes be hard to do with Internet customers. Nobody wants to post their personal issues online. I'm sure whatever Trent's reason for not being available now is something that was a difficult decision for him to make. I hope him and his family, friends, and customers are all safe and healthy. And I'm sure when the time is right he will try to make things right for anyone that's having difficulty getting in touch with him. I've been EFI Live tuning the Duramax since 2006, so I've seen a lot of businesses come and go. Hopefully now with the way the Autocal is structured the ones selling autocal's are here to stay. I like being able to be on the forums as a tuner to be in direct contact with our customers and other forum members as we all grow as a community. It gives the Internet relationship a little more personal feel like my hometown tuning shop. The feeling from helping someone get their truck running great is all part of what makes this sport so much fun. It's a great sport to be a part of, so I don't think anyone would want to up and leave it for no good reason.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
^^Very well spoken sir.

·
Registered
751 Posts
It's unfortunate for his customers, but it does happen. Lets just hope he comes back sometime and can move forward to help his customers out. All to often we forget that these business owners are people too. We have families, friends, and customers we all care about. My sister passed away from cancer a little over a year ago. The great thing about being mostly a local business was that my friends and customers all knew what our family was going through so they were very understanding, supportive, and helpful. Getting that sort of help and support can sometimes be hard to do with Internet customers. Nobody wants to post their personal issues online. I'm sure whatever Trent's reason for not being available now is something that was a difficult decision for him to make. I hope him and his family, friends, and customers are all safe and healthy. And I'm sure when the time is right he will try to make things right for anyone that's having difficulty getting in touch with him. I've been EFI Live tuning the Duramax since 2006, so I've seen a lot of businesses come and go. Hopefully now with the way the Autocal is structured the ones selling autocal's are here to stay. I like being able to be on the forums as a tuner to be in direct contact with our customers and other forum members as we all grow as a community. It gives the Internet relationship a little more personal feel like my hometown tuning shop. The feeling from helping someone get their truck running great is all part of what makes this sport so much fun. It's a great sport to be a part of, so I don't think anyone would want to up and leave it for no good reason.
I Agree with you 100% on that and hope he comes back. I'm just stating what happen with my first go around in tuning the truck and it wont happen again that is why I said to buy v2.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts