Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
recently purchased a 01 sierra 2500hd and the headlights, taillights, and dash lights are always on day or night. i was wondering if anyone else has ever encountered this problem and if its something i can fix myself. if it involves ripping the whole dash out i may just attempt to bypass the auto sensor and rewire the switch so the headlights come on manually. what should i do? any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Mines the same way if its not fully day time like around noon to 5pm then mine are always on

·
Registered
872 Posts
why would you disable them? you can just turn them off anytime you notice they are on. that wouldnt be any more work then turning them on every time its dark.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
why would you disable them? you can just turn them off anytime you notice they are on. that wouldnt be any more work then turning them on every time its dark.
for some reason my lights are always on no matter what position the switch is in and no matter how bright it is outside.

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
then it might be easier to fix the switch?

·
Registered
178 Posts
On my truck there was no way to shut the auto lights off. On my Dads 03 you can turn the switch backwards to shut off the auto lights, on my truck that wasn't an option. I also heard you could push the dome light override x number of times to shut them off, that didn't work for me either.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts