Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to throw this out there, installed my Cobalts tonight...for anyone who is thinking about getting gauges...GET THEM!! Very well worth it and work like a charm! Plus the visual effect is awesome.

Cheers! :drink

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Agreed. I have the carbons and love them. They make a great product!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
pics or it didn't happen!! lol

·
That One Guy
7,421 Posts
I love mine also! I may need to get a second EGT gauge though for my winter parts install!

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
Look sweet

Sent from my DROIDX

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
I like 'em. They reflect bad off the window when closed and turning left at night? I used to loathe turning left at night with my old pillar setup and led gauges lol

·
That One Guy
7,421 Posts
I like 'em. They reflect bad off the window when closed and turning left at night? I used to loathe turning left at night with my old pillar setup and led gauges lol
I agree with loathe turning left. I am considering moving my gauges so they are off the pillar.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
I agree with loathe turning left. I am considering moving my gauges so they are off the pillar.
haha i try to tell everyone, but no-one ever listens. (not implying you) I love my setup to death. Very unobtrusive, yet still easily accessible.

·
That One Guy
7,421 Posts
haha i try to tell everyone, but no-one ever listens. (not implying you) I love my setup to death. Very unobtrusive, yet still easily accessible.
I am trying to find a good place to put them next but can't decide.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
I am trying to find a good place to put them next but can't decide.
ok i'm done derailing threads tonight lol. my apologies.
i'll pm you some pics of my setup if you're interested man

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
ok i'm done derailing threads tonight lol. my apologies.
i'll pm you some pics of my setup if you're interested man
I wanta see where you put them. I don't want mine on the pillar..

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah id like to see where you put them also...they didnt bother me, but I guess I didnt really notice anything while turning left. Next time ill stare at the bright lights while turning to see if it disorients me.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
it's only with a tinted window and with the window closed usually, and trying to look through the area that's reflecting. Just the right angle in my opinion; not very distracting from driving at night, and if they do start annoying me i just use the dimmer and tone them down (never had to do it though) When i purchased the mount i bought the pillar paint as well, but ended up leaving it black cause in my opinion it blends in so much better black. I bought the setup cause i had never seen anyone do it before so i wanted to give it a shot. I know they make a three as well, but for my extra gauge spot i'm using the TTS gauge mount for my dash pocket for my aeroforce interceptor.

anywho, here is my setup, again, sorry for derailing the thread, totally didn't mean to.

·
Registered
980 Posts
oh it happened :neener
What year is your truck? From the picture it looks like it's a 07.5 and up. I'm getting my Cobalts put on tomorrow,I thought about doing it myself but didn't feel brave enough to tackle the wiring. How long did it take you to install them? Where did you tap for power? Where did you tap for the boost and pyro? Thanks... The Gauges look awesome.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Guess I never put that back in my sig...oops. Its an 06 lbz. I imagine your wiring for your lmm is the same, pull out your dimmer switch and the black wire (with white stripe down middle I believe), is where I got my power(wire closest to door)...my pyro gauge had 2 hots (one for 12v ignition, and one for 12v dash.) hooked the 12v ignition to a stud in my side fuse panel, and the other one to that black dimmer wire. My boost gauge only had 1 hot wire, so that went directly to the dimmer wire.

Do it yourself, very easy install. picture is where I put my boost, Pyro went on the pass. manifold towards firewall.

I can get more pictures if you want, but it was a very easy install!! I was nervous about doing it too, but went very smooth and was a lot easier than I thought.

**I went through the firewall at the steering column boot, just make a very small incision and you cant even tell there is a slit there**

Attachments

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
it's only with a tinted window and with the window closed usually, and trying to look through the area that's reflecting. Just the right angle in my opinion; not very distracting from driving at night, and if they do start annoying me i just use the dimmer and tone them down (never had to do it though) When i purchased the mount i bought the pillar paint as well, but ended up leaving it black cause in my opinion it blends in so much better black. I bought the setup cause i had never seen anyone do it before so i wanted to give it a shot. I know they make a three as well, but for my extra gauge spot i'm using the TTS gauge mount for my dash pocket for my aeroforce interceptor.

anywho, here is my setup, again, sorry for derailing the thread, totally didn't mean to.

love that setup and getting gauges in mine ASAP...

how do you wire them up there??

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
love that setup and getting gauges in mine ASAP...

how do you wire them up there??
Its really simple, all you do is pull the pillar, both visors, and overhead console using t15/ t20/ phillips apex bits. then the front edge of the headliner will drop down so you can run your wires/tubing. :thumb

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Yes if you wire it into your dimmer like I did or put in a resistor

Sent from my SCH-I500 using AutoGuide App

1 - 20 of 21 Posts