Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seem to have missplaced the fitting that comes with the gauges and was woundering if anybody knows what size or where i can get one from? If it makes a difference its for the cobalt series, its the piece that actually taps into the manifold :help

·
Registered
393 Posts
If your in a pinch get a 1/8" NPT to 3/16" compression sleeve from the plumbing dept.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea but needs something to hold the probe in place though.

·
Premium Member
2,722 Posts
I thought I lost mine when I was installing my gauges and almost pooped myself. I found it on the floor after looking for 30 minutes. Maybe call autometer and get one ordered?

Sent from my DROIDX

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bump........

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bump.........

·
Premium Member
2,516 Posts
Click Look through there. Hope that helps, but I'm not sure if thats what you need.

EDIT: I don't think any of that is what you need.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Hay guys I looked everywhere with no luck, so I went to the autometer site and emailed them. It was kind of a pain, you have to fill out a whole form and everything. But I got an email back today...

Vehicle Make: Other
Vehicle Model: Other
Vehicle Trim: reg cab
Vehicle Year: 2010
Vehicle VIN (8th Digit):
Product Model No. :
Gauge Series: GS
Gauge Type: Pyrometer
Question(s):

I have misplaced the fitting that came with my pyrometer probe and I can't find it anywhere. I need the 1/8" NPT fitting with the set screw that holds the probe in the exhaust manifold. If you could get me a part number for this so that i can order one would be great. Thanks

Hello Adam,

Unfortunately we do not have an external part number by which you can order that fitting. I can however ship you one free of charge. I simply need a shipping address and a phone number and I will get one out to you.

Kevin
Tech/Service

If you still need one just shoot them an email! :drink

·
Premium Member
2,722 Posts
nice! Autometer has awesome customer service

Sent from my DROIDX

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
I found those when I was looking. Its different, at least from what came with my kit. My probe came with a 1/8 npt fitting with a set screw in the side instead of all that adapter stuff. 35 bucks is pretty ridiculus too. Especially when their sending me one fo freee.

·
Registered
393 Posts

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Right, if you had to you can just get each of the fittings for a few bucks at a hardware store, or I know the truck garage here in town stocks tons of fittings I'm sure they have everything you'd need, instead of paying an arm and a leg for the same thing. I just wanted to share my response from autometer, a 2 second email is even cheaper than a few bucks at the hardware store :beer I like this style fitting better, a simple set screw rather than messing with the adapter and compression fitting.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts