Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2007 GMC Sierra 2500 HD. LBZ DM/Al. 4wd CC SB.
Have the Peragon fold up cover on bed. LAter on plan on a slider hitch 5th wheel.
Want an aux fuel tank of 30 gallons plus/minus. What is available with the bed cover I have already?
Also want simple transfer arrangement. Seems to be gravity feed? How does this work with existing fuel system? IE: If fuel cap is left loose you receive an engine malfunction light?
Thanks, Richard

·
Registered
17 Posts
Check out Northern Tool Company. They have several sizes and seem to be reasonably price. Most of the install kits are pretty simple gravity feed systems. You can get more elaborate computer controlled, fuel totalizer systems but I want a simple "put the fuel in the tank and burn it" system. I would highly recommend a seperate fuel filter for the tank.

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
what is a good brand to go with when replacing the stock tank with 40 gallon or bigger tank,its tiresome fueling up every 400 miles.the lbz is 9 months old and has 40,000 miles on it.06 lbz 2500HD crew cab short bed,05 lly dually 90,000 miles on it.looking at replacing both tanks

·
Registered
45 Posts
Put the Transfer-Flow on a couple years ago. . . AWESOME!

Nothing in the bed - all below the rails!

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
thats what i'm looking for,did you install the tank yourself or did you pay someone to do it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
The factory is just a couple hours North of me. I drove up there and had them do the installation. Sorry, can't help with that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Have 09 3500, I have a 90gal. Tank/tool box gravity feed in with a tucexedo cover. I purchased at DAN'S hitches in Elkhart, In.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Do you just want it to add to your trucks capacity or do you need it to be able to fuel other things like tractors and stuff? If just for your truck look at Titan tanks.

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
No, no, no you need a 90 gallon RDS tank.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts