Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I have an opportunity to buy a '03 Sierra 2500 HD with about 120k miles. Its selling for $19,900. First off, is this a good deal? Second, What is the average life for these trucks (it'll be pampered with me, original owner unknown). I'll be using this as my everyday vehicle, running bio-diesel, keeping it for 5+ years, maybe doing mild performance mods, and sometimes towing trailers/campers.
Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
131 Posts
I would do a car fax and run the vin first. Second see if you can have a diesel mechanic look at it for free, sometimes a garage or shop will do a pre-purchase inspection for free or a nominal fee. They can give you a heads up on the current problems and potential future one. Check NADA to see what they say the value is for that vehicle and miles. I'm paying 23K for an 01 with only 34,500 miles so it seems a little high to me unless they have kept the truck very nice and done upgrades to improve the performance.

·
Registered
53 Posts
That's a little high. I would say it's a good deal around $17K. I just got a great deal on a loaded '03 with 143K miles. $12500. There are deals out there.

Mav

1 - 3 of 3 Posts