Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

B & Turnover hitches

3K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  kc2007 
#1 ·
I like the looks of the B& W design which allows you to pull the fifth wheel hitch quickly and leaves the bed clear. For the gooseneck the ball turns over and stores in its socket.
Anyone have firsthand experience with this set up? Any problems installing or in operation?
I have a LBZ, Allison, 2007 CC, SB.
Thanks, RIchard

#2 ·
I have them in both my trucks and absolutly love them, ive had other hitches in some of my older trucks and there is no comparison! I have never used the 5th wheel companion on my trucks but i have used them in other trucks at work and its a bit heavy to move in and out of the truck with one person but its worth having you bed back when your done towing!!!

It takes me about 3 to 4 hours to install one just taking my time!

#3 ·
Last year, March 31, i purchased my first diesel truck-a 2006 3500 chevy dually, used it to pull my 5 horse sooner gooseneck trailer.

i shopped around, looked at what other horse show owners were using to pull their gooseneck trailers and noticed that ALOT of them had B&M hitches.

i purchased my hitch online, but had it installed professionally, by one of B&M authorized dealers...i have not had any problems with the hitch.

if you need/want more specific info, you can email me directly at
derric1@charter.net cuz i sometimes visit this forum.

#6 ·
Would anyone happen to know if you can adjust the hitch far enough back to tow a fifth wheel with a small box. I like the way they look compared to the LWB. I already have the B & W I'm just now picking out the truck. If it's too close to call Ill settle with the LWB. Thanks.

#8 ·
#7 ·
In SOME trucks, the B&W hitch can be installed in two different spaces (I think about 4" apart) to aid in this circumstance. B&W also sells an accessory offset ball (I think it is 6" but it may be 4" that will place the trailer a little further back. These offsets will change the weight dynamics on the truck (best towing position is slightly forward of the rear axle). Other than that, placement can be dictated by exactly what holes are already in the truck frame or other items that are in the way for hitch pieces.

#11 ·
I am currently looking for the compcnion myself, does anyone know where I can get a good price on one?

#12 ·
Just got the companion yeaasterday. Nice looking unit, a bit pricy but should get the job done.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.