Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we had 14 days on the beach,comming home sucks!!! First trip with the the Dmax , why did I wait so long to stop haveing gas ! We ran 1680 miles, 1k towing the 5er (14k lb ) 680 empty. Did the math on the trip and had a avg. combined mpg of 18.9, I think I'm in love with my PU. Damm if when parked shoppind a guy pulling a t-trailer side swyped my Max !!!!! Got the door, fender, hood and the mirror is in a bolzillan piceses. COOL! He even stoped and for a bit said it was my falt. But no even in Or. it's ok to park and shop. So it's his bill. :neener :neener It's sick how these thing pull and pull, I though my V-10 had balls!

·
Premium Member
3,495 Posts
Last year a lady backed her rented moterhome into my DS on the third day of a 3 month coast-to-coast with my 5th wheel in Yosemite park. She took out the DS bedside and cab corner, almost had to cancel the trip because the filler door and pipe were bent/leaky but I managed to finish the trip. I finally took a felt tip pen and wrote what happened on the bedside, tired of people looking at my poor truck and wondering if I did that. Gotta watch out for those OR drivers, they got moss growing on the windshield. Sounds like great fuel mileage, I don't get close to 18.9....

·
Slave to the Interwebs
9,953 Posts
There is no comaparison between a gasser and a diesel. I used to think my 6.0 was tough until I got the Dmax. I do not think I will ever go back to a gasser to tow.
Sorry to hear about the moron who hit you as well. Nothing will ruin a trip quicker.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought I was a old dumb ass , so that made me feel better bout myself lol. Yea the mpg was cool, been towing with the V-10 since 98 , maybe I am a dumb ass, But now I've seen the light, or the smoke, or oil,or hell I don't know.But I get new paint!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts