Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys my names Justin I'm from Indiana. I picked up a 2001 silverado 2500 lb7 the other day! I had another 01 about 2 years ago and missed it too much. Little background on me is I'm an engineering student that works part time as a tig welder to survive the tuition costs. The truck I got is a red regular cab long bed 4x4. Nowhere near perfect but I dont mind. 4 inch exhaust all the way through. Has the dsp5 on it, some sort of performance fuel pump and also came with a 9' western plow. Purchased this truck not only because they are awesome but I'd like to be able to use my car hauler more effectively and also transport my welders and oxy/acet. Heres a pic!! Next up is a stack install? I already got the material from scrap at work, what do you guys think?!

Attachments

·
Registered
16,268 Posts
Welcome back

·
Registered
367 Posts
Welcome! Be forewarned, some frown upon stacks around here...:thinkkkk But it is definately a personal choice, and IMO if it isn't too loud for you, do it :thumbb

·
Registered
257 Posts
Axle dump,, stacks bring unwanted attention.. Also welcome back...

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Welcome back. Nice truck. Whatever you like but I agree that some sort of neat dump behind or over axle is better than out the bed. I think of a dodge trying to prove something when I think of a bed stack

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My last dura I always strongly insisted on not wanting a stack because it was a cummins kinda thing but lately I've been wanting to do it at least temporarily because I got the material to do it for free and can also cut and weld the 4 inch back on when I get tired of the stack!

·
Registered
8,345 Posts
Welcome to DF!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Enjoy your rig,, stack it, dump it, drive the hell out of it.. Possibilities' are endless if you got the $$$...

·
Registered
10,680 Posts
welcome friend

·
Premium Member
11,314 Posts
Welcome to the DF!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.