Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what an 8 inch rim would look like on my 06'. Would I have to worry about backspace issues or what. I have a 285/75/16 MT Claw on it right now with the T-Bars cranked a little. If anyone has any pics I would appreciate it,thanks.

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
I would consider leveling it.....and it will def. require some minor trimming of the front lower valance.

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
You should be ok, as long as the offset is positive. Might have to trim the front valence a little, but that's probably it. If you get a negative offset, then you'll probably start running into problems.

·
Premium Member
300 Posts
I have an 8" rim on mine, 285/75/16 Toyo Open Country AT and no rubbing. It was trimmed a bit before I got it but it wasn't leveled either. Where I got rubbing was the back of the inner wheel well. It would rub the plastic liner retainer head off. I put a short bolt and lock nut on it which pulled in the liner a bit and it never rubbed after.

Now it's leveled but I used the stock keys to do it. I think the BS was -5 but i can't remember for certain. Eagle Alloy 186.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.