Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here's the timeline. I bought my 2019 duramax in December of 2018, by October and at about 15,000 miles my ac vents were stuck in the panel/floor position. I couldn't move it to defrost or anywhere else. This past December I took it in for an oil change and to have the problem fixed at the same dealer it's had all of the service done at. They diagnosed it as a bad ac actuator I believe is what they called it and had to order the part. They forgot to call and I wasn't in a big hurry so it took me two months to take it in to get it fixed. They call me and tell me that the system is full of dust and that even though they shouldn't that they'd cover the repair costs but would have to charge me $140 for cleaning it. When I went to pick up the truck I asked how dirty was the cabin air filter and the service advisor said it was completely plug at which point I asked how come it hadn't been changed on any of the past services. He hesitated and replied that they honestly probably didn't bother checking it based from the milage but admitted that they're still suppose to check regardless. At this point I ask to speak to the service manager who tried to tell me that it mustn't have been dirty enough the last service so I asked if he expected me to believe that in 2 winter months and 2500 miles that the filter went from good to completely plugged and that even if that were the case the issue was already there during the last service so your basically telling me that a properly maintained cabin filter let enough dirt through to damage a 10 month old truck with 15000 miles on it? He admitted that it seemed unlikely that the filter plugged that quick but still insisted that even if the filter would of been changed sooner that I probably would of still had the same issue being as I drive it in dusty conditions. After some back and forth he finally agreed to not charge me for the cleaning.

So basically my question is that is he feeding me a line of bull to try to hide the fact that they're not doing their 21 point inspection and in not doing so damaged my vehicle. Or is the design of the ac system that bad that if driven in dusty conditions it's going to let enough dust to bypass the filter to damage the system every year in my case?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I for one didn't know they were to check the cabin air filter when doing an oil change.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And it just quit working again today. At least they can't blame it on dust this time

1 - 4 of 4 Posts