Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007.5 Chevy 3500 duramax with Edge Evo Race chip, straight piped from turbo downpipe. Chip only on 1st stage. I started the truck one morning 2 weeks ago and heard a slight knock, went away quickly and didn't think much about it. This last Thursday the knock started again. I ran a bottle of BG244 in the tank, but ran it 30 miles and nothing changed. I know that's not long enough, but took it to a diesel shop to read codes. Multiple mis fire in cylinders, injectors. Drain fuel tank, change fuel filter. Still missing, but still runs. Fill up diesel tank and run down the road again. No change. Take home and run some more treatment thru the fuel tank. No Change. Today it runs but lots of white smoke out of tail pipe. Later tonight no start and won't idle and stay on. Tow to shop again. I hope worst case is a new set of injectors. Truck has 64thousand miles on odometer. Any advice would be great. mark

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
And your sure it didn't get filled with gas and not diesel?
Don't hear of many injector problems on lmm's.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Thats what my lbz did at 86,000. Had two injectors bad. Waited a week for them. They replaced them. Checked rates again one more went bad. Waited another week. They replaced it. Checked again. Two more were bad. Waited replaced. Finally was good. Three weeks and five injectors later.
They will only replace all eight at a time on a lb7 they said

Sent from my SPH-D700 using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So, replaced 1 injector, 2 more are bad. Got those replaced and still have rough idle @ lower RPM's. The shop pulled the injectors and noticed a black soot ring around the injectors. Anybody know what this is caused from? Will drive the truck on Friday and see what is next. mark

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Pretty sweet cycle though right?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using AutoGuide App

·
Hang it!...Fire!
4,244 Posts
thats crazy sounding i didnt think lbzs or lmms had injector issues

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The diesel shop thinks that a mixture of bio diesel and regular diesel tanted the fuel system. Leaky O-ring on bottom of fuel filter. 2x injectors are now failing. Slowing taking out all of the injectors. Should I just replace the nozzles on the other 5 bad injectors? Any thoughts would be appreciated. mark

1 - 8 of 8 Posts