Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I checked my oil this weekend and its over full. The oil life on the the DIC has dropped by 80% over the 2000 miles since I changed the oil. Normally it takes 8000 miles to drop that much. The oil looks really thin. I know it's not anti freeze I'm guessing it's fuel in the oil. No other indicators truck runs great no smoke. Idle is fine. When I changed the oil was right on the full mark when I was done. I'm really worried it's a bad injector or injectors is there anything else I should look for? Thanks

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
897 Posts
Find someone who can check your balance rates. That will tell you which one is problematic, if the injectors are the culprit.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
^He's spot on :drink

Your rates should be +/- 4 in park and +/-6 in drive

Also if you can't find anyone in your area, I don't remember where columbia city is since its been a while since I've lived in the state, but danville performance and fleece performance will have some v2's that you can probably use to read your balance rates worst case scenario

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I totally over reacted. I was going by the dipstick and oil life on the DIC. I changed the oil today and got 10qts out like I should and the oil looked good. I guess don't trust a cable dipstick and forget the oil life is there and go by miles for the change. Thanks for the help guys

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
7,819 Posts
yeah i hate our dipsticks. i need to buy a new one. my cable is coming undone and is just a pain in the a**

1 - 5 of 5 Posts