Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ive noticed recently ive been getting bad mileage, about 15.5 MPG cruisen at 65-70 MPH, did i put in a bad batch of fuel? Anyone got ideas? My 2005 cummins got about 23-24 cruisen at the same speed, it had intake but thats the only real difference..:help

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I'd be tickled to get 15 mpg. Never achieved it. This isn't a cummins. It is a bigger engine and a v-8.

·
Vendor
10,960 Posts
I am getting 15 around town and 17-19 on the hwy depending on how heavy my foot is. I have AMSOIL front to back and use their fuel concentrate and their cetane booster in every tank of fuel.

If I can get you any information about the products above or anything else AMSOIL sells, just let me know.

Take care,

·
Registered
678 Posts
How long has it been since you changed your fuel filter? A dirty fuel filter will decrease mileage.

·
Vendor
184 Posts
How long has it been since you changed your fuel filter? A dirty fuel filter will decrease mileage.
And your air filter, how many miles do you have?

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Truck has 186000 kms, which is about 111600 miles i think..havnt changed the fuel filter since i bought it with 174000 kms on it, ill look at the air filter today aswelll

·
Registered
12 Posts
u must be joking............

·
That One Guy
7,421 Posts
Change the fuel filter, air filter, and spin on tranny filter.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I get about 15-16 around town!
Change your fuel filter. I change mine every time I change my oil.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I guess ill have to do the fuel and oil filter tomorrow, ill check the air filter, changed the oil today but forgot to do the oil filter since im retarded

·
Vendor
184 Posts
I guess ill have to do the fuel and oil filter tomorrow, ill check the air filter, changed the oil today but forgot to do the oil filter since im retarded
What oil and filter are you running?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Fuel mileage juts fell off the cliff

I get about 15-16 around town!
Change your fuel filter. I change mine every time I change my oil.
HELP!!!
I was getting 15-16 before last week.
This week...down to 10-11.
Fuel filter changed since last oil change. Oil life still has apprx 40% remaining. Air filter cleaned at last fuel filter change.:help

·
Vendor
10,960 Posts
HELP!!!
I was getting 15-16 before last week.
This week...down to 10-11.
Fuel filter changed since last oil change. Oil life still has apprx 40% remaining. Air filter cleaned at last fuel filter change.:help
Are you using a good additive? I am using the AMSOIL fuel concentrate and their cetane booster in every tank of fuel. I have seen a 2-3 mpg increase in my economy.

If I can get you any information about the products above or anything else AMSOIL offers, just let me know.

Take care,

·
Registered
103 Posts
Only when I got ahold of some bad fuel. Don't use it on a regular basis.

·
Vendor
10,960 Posts
Only when I got ahold of some bad fuel. Don't use it on a regular basis.
You should consider it. Beyond he help with fuel economy, there isn't enough lubrication anymore in fuel, plus you want them to remain clean for the best performance.

Let me know if I can help you with anything.

Take care,

1 - 20 of 24 Posts