Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y’all, been a rough six months for my 2002 LB7. Driving along at 65 and terrible noise that amounted to a broken crank. Spun the main next to the crank break so had to pick up a used crank and block. Luckily I was able to find a set. I replaced everything else on the lower end with new parts. Didn’t touch the heads other then new gaskets. After I reinstalled the engine it purred for about 200 miles. Then a sudden load rapping that sounded like it was from the middle/top of the engine. OMG! So, pulled the engine and tore it back down. Nothing! Couldn’t find a thing wrong. I consulted a friend who is a career diesel mechanic and he said it could possibly be in the injectors. So I sent the injectors out for testing. One was high on fuel delivery and they suggested that it be replaced. Another had high return at mid-point test, but was within spec otherwise. I replaced the one and the tubes off of the racks. Put her back in and sounded good when we started her up. Ran it for an hour or so and all seemed good. Took it on the open road and the first time I put it on cruise and it kicked down for a hill the turbo is whistling loader then usual and it’s about constant. Along with that I’m getting a slight rapping that comes in short bursts when I let off of the throttle. Now, I have no idea. I’m tired though, lol. Any insights, would be helpful.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts