Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so my truck wont crank or anything. ive traced it down to the TCM is there a way to check the tcm? it is either the actual module or the wiring. i have been messing with this all day and cant find anything wrong with wiring.

·
Registered
68 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
okay so i have found out it isn't the TCM. i replaced it and still nothing. if my check engine light comes on when i turn the key to the run position it will crank and start, if not it won't do anything. I'm positive it is a wiring issue. also when driving or in gear between shifts sometimes (when the damn thing will start) it dies. just shuts off and i have to coast to a stop and usually can't get it to turn back over. yesterday after i replaced the TCM and it wouldn't start i grabbed the main wiring harness and jiggled it. turned the key to run and boom got a engine light and it started up. then i went to back it out of the drive way, put it into gear went about ten feet and it died. tried jiggling the wiring harness again and nothing. this issue has progressively gotten worse and i am more than likely just going to take it to a shop to have them test everything electrical. but its just communicating with the ecm or tcm. would anyone know of something simple I'm overlooking before i go and spend a chunk of change at a garage. I'm not really fond of spending money for someone else to work on my stuff because i can do just about everything, wiring just kinda overwhelms me and i don't have the time.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have checked the ground going from the driver side head to the body also.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i know it isn't the operating system as i have efi live and two different ecms. and have changed them out with each other and its not the security. i have thoroughly researched this and have not come across another problem online that is like mine. basically when the CEL comes on it starts, when it doesn't it won't do a thing. thanks guys in advance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts