Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well tonight i went to the track looking to run atleat a 12.99 but didnt make it ran 2 14.0's @98 mph w/ 2.0 60' times and all this after totally screwing up my ecm while trying to change tunes:confused: . And then on my second run i managed to pick up someones fender in my left rear tire causing it to get e huge hole in it and the bad part is these tire only have 2000 miles on them:mad: . Oh well theres always next week.

On the bright side i still waxed two ford mustangs!!!!!

On another note my buddy DragRacer Ran his stock LBZ EXT Cab Dually in 15.13 @88mph, not to bad for a 7600lb stock truck with 7000miles on it!!!!

Special thanx to KAT and her husband McRat for the help figuring out the ecm issue!

Later
Caleb

·
Registered
484 Posts
Glad I wasn't there to see any of this, find everything that you threw tool wise? :tease

·
3,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Glad I wasn't there to see any of this, find everything that you threw tool wise? :tease
:rof :rof :rof
The ecm deal had me crapin my pants, but the tire i did have a moment but i didnt have any tools to throw, tools are heavy, weight is slow, HINT HINT!

·
Registered
484 Posts
:rof :rof :rof
The ecm deal had me crapin my pants, but the tire i did have a moment but i didnt have any tools to throw, tools are heavy, weight is slow, HINT HINT!
You still have the passengers seat?

Weight, should have ran with 600 or so on the nose :rof

·
Registered
73 Posts
I wish I would have known you where at the track when you called :( I could have gotten McRat for you right then. But I'm glad you got it figured out.

I am trying to decide if I want to baseline my LBZ tomorrow or wait until I visit MikeL for the transgo Jr. and 1057 swap next week.

·
3,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wish I would have known you where at the track when you called :( I could have gotten McRat for you right then. But I'm glad you got it figured out.

I am trying to decide if I want to baseline my LBZ tomorrow or wait until I visit MikeL for the transgo Jr. and 1057 swap next week.
Thanx, Its all good, i really didnt want to bother u guys in the first place but i didnt know who else to call that would have an answer to the problem and be willing to help:) .

AS for the lbz, my buddies dually, i shouldent say is all stock he has a fingerstick and blocker, afe intake and exhaust! but still i thought 15.1 was impressive, yours ought to atleast run that, it aint so big out back:D !

Later
Caleb

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm glad you got it fixed,sorry your night at the track sucked. The next trip couldn't get any worse.:D

·
Registered
276 Posts
Yeah I was gonna say there had to be slightly more than stock to get a 15.1 out of her. But that's very respectable without big power mods.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Duramax

How are you getting such low times. I got an 03 crew cab short bed, and my best so far is 14.7 sec. You have anyadvice to get Better times.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Hartman what exactly do you have done to your truck? That makes all the difference in the world.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Yeah and that's just sick. ::)

·
Registered
73 Posts

·
3,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How are you getting such low times. I got an 03 crew cab short bed, and my best so far is 14.7 sec. You have anyadvice to get Better times.
What mods do you have to the truck? Do you launch in 4x4? do you take all the extra stuff out of your truck? There is a lot you can do to get better times, do you launch with boost built up (power braking)!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts