Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a '03 3500 4x4 duramax/allison with 74k miles, the first u-joint behind the transfer case went bad & cracked the trans. Has anyone ever heard of such a thing???? When I took it to the dealer the tech said when that joint freezes it sets up a vibration that breaks the trans. They gave me an estimate of $8,000.00 to replace it. Chevy does not want to assist in the repairs (even though I think it's a design flaw) they said it's my fault, caused from the bad u-joint. Believe me it didn't take many miles once it was noticable.

·
Registered
48 Posts
that is defiently the first ive heard about that happen... :confused:

·
Banned
24,783 Posts
I have heard of that happeneing but thats rare. Have you had your services done at the dealer ship? If so they should of been able to see it so they could be held partially liable. If not id stillsay get ahold of a GM rep. With only 75k on your truck the ujoint shouldnt go that bad. IMO GM should help you out in some way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.