Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to decide which tire to go with. I like the looks of the Toyo MT's, but this truck is my daily driver which stays on the pavement 90% of the time. I am a bit leery of buying the Toyos because of tire noise and tire wear. I started looking for an all terrain tire that still looked aggressive and might behave a little better on the pavement than the Toyo MT's...but I couldn't find any that I liked the looks of until I saw the Baja ATZ's. Great looking tire for an AT IMHO. My question is will the ATZ's be quieter and last longer than the Toyos? If not I will probably just go with the Toyos since I think they look great.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I got the Toyo's nice lookin tire. But if you are worried about wear I would go with an AT tire. The M/T ATZ will last longer. As far as the noise my toyos make a little noise but not bad at all. My friend is runnin the Atz and they are quieter but thats on a 1/2 ton truck. The ATZ will be my next tire. The toyos came on the truck when i bought it. Works great in the mud though.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I'm running the 38X13.50R20 toyo MT they are nice, very little road noise, and I havent noticed any bad manners on the street at all.

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Well, I currently have run both sets on my truck. I run 35x12.50x20's Mickey ATZ's in the summer and love them. I took off some Toyo MT's before winter because they were worn out and replaced them with some cheap mud terrains. The toyos are a nice looking tire but would go ATZ's 100% if you are a pavement pounder like I am. JMO

1 - 4 of 4 Posts