Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
mbrp exhast came in yesterday and i was wondering if i should get band clamps for it instead of the regular exhast clamps the come with it?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cant all i have is a 40 year old stick welder and that will blow threw it thats y i was thinkin band clamps

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
Yeah they're nice in case you ever want to remove the exhaust or change it or anything. The crush clamps are pretty much a one time thing. The exhaust is on for good after you tighten up the crush clamps good and tight :D Takes a lot of effort to get it back off anyway lol

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
What difference will it make?

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I thought he was going to tell a story.....this one time and band clamp:D

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
I still dont understand the diffrence in those 2 clamps, is it just the width?

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
no, the AccuSeal clamps are much thicker, and will actually clamp something, where the band clamps are very thin and conform to different surfaces, IE flex pipe over regular pipe for stack kits, ect.

·
Registered
12,050 Posts
so is this why i couldnt get my front pipe and exhaust apart?? cause the stupid clamps it comes with?

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
yes and they are the same rerason i am going to be cusing when it comes time to put the duals on

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 problem what about the clamps with the hangers on them guess ill just switch some of them over to band clamps idk if i can wait to order them

1 - 20 of 20 Posts