Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was talking to my friend last night about adding a banks 6 gun to my truck and he told me to stay away for it because he had a friend that had one and it shifted too hard for theh trany? Any thruth to this do you think he also said they guy had to allow or program the tuner to allow slippage to prevent damaging the trany.

I thought the banks was the safest tuner to go with do these guys not know what they are talkign about? I thought myabe it was not defueling but he said no. I am sure there are some people on here that have much more experiance with this than these two back yard clowns LOL. Anyway it will be in an 08 LMM.

Yes I know there are better/cheaper tuners out there but i want the speed break and IQ as well.

Thanks, Later
Phil

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Ive had mine for a few months and havent experienced it with mine. My dad has it on his 07 and it runs perfectly

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
it is the safest tuner out there. I had one on my 01 it shifted great and was a great tuner for playing around. I got rid of it because it was basically worthless for towing. You don't have to get the six gun to run the speed brake and IQ just so you know. You could run a programmer and then after programming the truck plug in the speed brake with IQ. That's what i am going to do when i get my new truck.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the input guys, any 08's running them I know there is not a lot of difference but just currious.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts