Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Ok, I won't tell you that you should get EFILive or ppe.

Happy now?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Not worth it... I bought one for 180 because not enough money for ego live yet.... Still don't have efi live and the six gun is now in my back seat.... You understand efi live is only a little more... With tuning from Idaho rob....

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
It's not worth it. Get EFI live and not PPE.

See what I did there?

Seriously, don't buy anything tuning related from Banks. That's for damn sure.

Have to remember, this is 2013, not 2001 when your truck was made. Now don't buy tuning from 2001.

·
Premium Member
3,633 Posts
It's not worth it. Get EFI live and not PPE.

See what I did there?

Seriously, don't buy anything tuning related from Banks. That's for damn sure.

dont buy banks tuning if you can help it, there intercoolers are pretty nice tho

·
Premium Member
3,633 Posts

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Ok I'm looking for someone who can fully explain to me what is wrong with the 6gun
It's not custom that's what's wrong. It's not designed and built for YOUR truck, its designed for EVERY duramax on the road. It will never run as good, shift as good, perform as good or be as healthy for your engine as EFI from a good tuner. It's OLD technology. Good enough answer for you? It's obvious you are new to this so I take advice from thousands of people that know more than you on here and other forums and get EFI the first time, because I promise you will end up getting it sooner than later.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
I can't even tell a difference when it switches tunes. It all feels like stock and laggy. Plus it comes with a little PDA, which looks stupid mounted on the dash and us no where as good as a cts. Get efi live and a cts. You will love it.

·
Stone Colds Brother
600 Posts
It's not custom that's what's wrong. It's not designed and built for YOUR truck, its designed for EVERY duramax on the road. It will never run as good, shift as good, perform as good or be as healthy for your engine as EFI from a good tuner. It's OLD technology. Good enough answer for you? It's obvious you are new to this so I take advice from thousands of people that know more than you on here and other forums and get EFI the first time, because I promise you will end up getting it sooner than later.

BAAAMMM!!!!! And there is the correct answer lol. I started out the same way, banks with stock exhaust, then switched to quad stealth with dpf delete tunes, then, to efi, now I'm happy haha. Don't go down the same road I did.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Thank you

·
Registered
114 Posts
Depends on what you want to accomplish?
I just went with the Banks Six Gun and IQ for a couple reasons. This truck is my dd and I use it to tow on the weekends so the six gun gives more than enough performance. Harness with the IQ I get the gauges I need plus it helps protect the truck with Max levels. Another reason I went this route is that the local dealerships still warranty my truck with the Six Gun. They will not honor it with other tunes or tuners.
There is no doubt that EFI is the best cause it is custom to your truck but I know alot of guys that run the six gun in our area and no one has had any issues.

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Depends on what you want to accomplish?
I just went with the Banks Six Gun and IQ for a couple reasons. This truck is my dd and I use it to tow on the weekends so the six gun gives more than enough performance. Harness with the IQ I get the gauges I need plus it helps protect the truck with Max levels. Another reason I went this route is that the local dealerships still warranty my truck with the Six Gun. They will not honor it with other tunes or tuners.
There is no doubt that EFI is the best cause it is custom to your truck but I know alot of guys that run the six gun in our area and no one has had any issues.
So you tow a lot and you decided against EFI where you could have a tow tune specifically for towing with a turbo brake? Seriously, there is only 1 single reason why you should consider getting a canned tuner over EFI.. It's resell-able when you decide to go EFI anyway. Lol

·
Registered
114 Posts
As stated warranty was a major deciding factor. As far as a tune for towing I have speedbrake which is more effective in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Banks SUCKSSSS,,, alot of cash for a little performance...... listen to these guys they always know best. The rep I talked to at BANKS a few months said they are C.A.R.B. approved and won't void warranty tho.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Well your dealership is relatively stupid if you as me... The six gun is like buying the store brand of sloppy Joe mix at the grocery store... Yeah it makes sloppy joes you can eat, but they taste like shit and are full of fillets.... Buy some manwich (efilive) and enjoy your damn good sloppy joes.... Maybe through in some pickles and cheese (exhaust and cold air intake).... Lol.:p

1 - 20 of 24 Posts