Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone ever used one of these bundles? are they worth the cost? do they perform as advertised? Was looking for as much info as i can get before i pull the trigger on anything for my stock 07.5

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
Keep reading more, you can do more with EFI an exhaust system, leave the stock intake, install a block plate at the EGR and see how you like it. Whatever you do take your time and keep asking questions and reading some more.....

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Are you wanting to delete the DPF?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Keep reading more, you can do more with EFI an exhaust system, leave the stock intake, install a block plate at the EGR and see how you like it. Whatever you do take your time and keep asking questions and reading some more.....
the big reason i am looking at a cai is the stock filter is fairly pricey at my local parts store they run between $80- $100 so i figured it would save me money in the long run

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Just because something is advertised well in a magazine doesn't make it a good buy. Like said above, you can get EFILIVE, do the DPF delete with any exhaust, a blocker plate for the EGR, and it you want an intake get a S&B

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would still like to upgrade the intercooler tho i plan on upgrading the turbo at some point and just dont trust the stock one any ideas there and is any brand exaust better then the other?

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
MBRP, Magnaflow, Flo-Pro, I think they're all good. I prefer MBRP over all. (That's me)
If you're really stuck on changing the CAI (Which I wouldn't) look into an S&B. $45 for a paper filter and they're fairly good filtering. Not as good as stock.
Look into tuning from a good tuner. You can see in peoples signatures easily who they prefer. Duramaxtuner, Rob Coddens(ATP), PPEI, Moonshine tuning, Danville, I think most of them will make sure you get smoke free/non lope tunes and make sure you're getting plenty of reliable power.

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
the big reason i am looking at a cai is the stock filter is fairly pricey at my local parts store they run between $80- $100 so i figured it would save me money in the long run
Ryderfleetproducts.com, type in duramax on the search bar ($25.66 plus shipping), the filters are good for 25,000 miles minimum in a daily driving application. In reality that's 6 at the most filters in 300,000 miles and the average person only drives 10-15,000 a year... One of the best filters in the Volant CAI with a Donaldson PowerCore filter, this is not the standard powercore like the one purchased on Ryderfleetproducts this one filters somewhere in the range of 99.7% and 4 years 100,000 miles (Donaldson's® PowerCore® Filtration Technology submicron contaminants)

I would still like to upgrade the intercooler tho i plan on upgrading the turbo at some point and just dont trust the stock one any ideas there and is any brand exaust better then the other?
Mishimoto from what I read makes an intercooler that has a great fit along with a radiator and a lifetime warranty...

·
Registered
593 Posts
Mishimoto does, I've seen there intercooler on a 2012 powerstroke. Very nice and the fit was perfect.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.