Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Banks Cold Air Intake for LLY

For sale: a slightly used complete Banks cold air intake system from my 2004 LLY. Fits other years also. I had it installed in late March this year. Have only put about 1500 miles on it, the filter looks like new!

I wanted a Suncoast ram air hood to keep engine cool when towing, BUT the Banks CAI isn't compatible with the Suncoast hood. I didn't find this out til I already had the hood here, so I ordered the recommended Airraid CAI which fits the ram air ducts.

List on the Banks is $399 everywhere; I will sell this for $275 with US shipping included.
This doesn't have the Super scoop, they are about $125 extra.

Here are pics of it taken while on my truck; It is now off, boxed & ready to ship UPS. YES~ I do take Paypal.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Btt

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone want this Banks intake setup for $250?
That's $149 less than it costs new, and this is really just like new.

·
#SecretSquirrel
2,000 Posts
come on guys, this is a Hell of a deal, make an offer he cant refuse... freebump

·
Registered
103 Posts
will it fit my LB7?

·
Registered
634 Posts
was their any noticable gains with it on there. quicker turbo spool, lower egts, more power? I have been thinking about getting a cold air intake but was going to do a metal one because i want the louder turbo noise.

·
Registered
103 Posts
nevermind I looked the part numbers up, LLY is a different part number than LB7

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LLY is a different part number than LB7
It is a different part number but the kit is essentially the same so far as I can see. I'll check tomorrow to see what's different; betcha it isn't anything major.

was their any noticable gains with it on there. quicker turbo spool, lower egts, more power?
I got the Banks CAI same time as the 4" exhaust, AFE mouthpiece & EFI live so it was hard to tell what was most helpful. There was a DEFINITE power increase and much lower egt reading but the exhaust & mp seem to get most credit. I did get a nice MPG increase from the mods but IDK if the CAI was 100% responsible. I know for a fact that the CAI together w/the MP help cooling & add power. The exhaust prolly helps and sure sounds good!!! :)

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It goes to seadooracer! PM returned w/info. Thanks, you will like it.

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It goes to seadooracer! PM returned w/info. Thanks, you will like it.
This CAI is still available.
It is not for NBS trucks, guaranteed fit is for 2004.5-2005 LLY Chev & GMC, on 2006 may work with minor mods.

·
Registered
525 Posts
PM sent

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
streetrodchev
PM sent

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Will not fit on. Lly with a lbz mp ihave. This on my truck u have to cut the inake tube like 9 inches off. To fit. The lbz mp. Just a heads. Up I wish I would. Have never bought the banks intake. Cause its super expensive I also have the super scoop on it does nuthing

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
sold!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts