Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
So they added the ability to regain on the go! thats good news. It doest make my decision any easier though. I do however like the smaller foot print of the iDash. Thanks for the update.
There are both derringer owner and idash owner groups on FB you can join to ask all your questions, just make sure to answer the 3 questions so they will let you in. Oh and you can also customize the display and button colors to whatever you want.. a lot of people are enjoying this new feature

·
Registered
86 Posts
There are both derringer owner and idash owner groups on FB you can join to ask all your questions, just make sure to answer the 3 questions so they will let you in. Oh and you can also customize the display and button colors to whatever you want.. a lot of people are enjoying this new feature
Sounds like you know alot about the IDash I am not on FB and have no intention of being on FB. Not my thing. How does Banks update prior unites that could not do forced mobile regen to be able to do the mobile regen?

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Sounds like you know alot about the IDash I am not on FB and have no intention of being on FB. Not my thing. How does Banks update prior unites that could not do forced mobile regen to be able to do the mobile regen?
Banks puts the new firmware updates for both the iDash and Derringer on their website for everyone to download free of charge. All you need is a Micro SD card (16g or smaller) to put the updated firmware files on and perform the update. There are instructional videos available on the page where the firmware is available. It will walk you through the entire process. Here is a link to the site: https://official.bankspower.com/customer-support/product-updates/

·
Registered
86 Posts
royg6677, Thanks for the update and that means CTS for me because I want the ability to be able to trigger a regen at the start of a drive when it is approaching the point where the system would call for a regen. I do a lot of moderate to long open road trips and I would rather start a regen slightly early than have it start during one of the few times I am running short trips in stop and go traffic. I fully understand that GM intends for the system to be largely invisible in operation to the owner but having stopped in my garage early in ownership while it was in regen I can do without the stench and the afterboil into the coolant recovery system that comes with interrupting a regen in progress. And the different driving characteristics in stop and go during a regen are very noticeable.
After seeing sailor9908 information I think when my new truck arrives I am going with the Banks IDash instead of the CTS2. Updated version can now do forced regens on the move and also injector balance.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I just received and installed my iDash, it was pretty easy to do, I used the banks mount as well. The gauge is easy to navigate and the install was straight forward. I'll post up later to give a review of how I like it, but first impressions are good.

Thanks for the help and info.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I just received and installed my iDash, it was pretty easy to do, I used the banks mount as well. The gauge is easy to navigate and the install was straight forward. I'll post up later to give a review of how I like it, but first impressions are good.

Thanks for the help and info.
Will be looking forward to how it does. I am still waiting for the new truck but I bought the iDash received it this week will be doing some reading and youtube.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Currently the iDash can display up to 123 different parameters. With the last firmware update each iDash is now capable of displaying up to 5 different pages (8 parameters per page) on a single gauge. You can also initiate a regen on the go, basically no matter the soot level once the truck is at temps and mobile regen is initiated the truck will begin a regen the next time you start driving.

To answer a few more questions, thanks to GM not putting an actual def quantity/level sensor it will only show you when you hit 40% or less. The iDash can show you injector balance rates as well.
I have updated my iDash, how do I start a manual regen? I read the instructions on haw to do a stationary, they just don't explain how to do the manual "driving" regen.

Thank you

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
I have updated my iDash, how do I start a manual regen? I read the instructions on haw to do a stationary, they just don't explain how to do the manual "driving" regen.

Thank you

It’s basically the same process. So on your iDash hit the right arrow and go to diagnostics, hit the right arrow again and go to vehicle, hit the right arrow again and on the bottom you should see “Mobile Regen Enable”, aarow down to and highlight this and then hit the right arrow again. You will see a grey banner pop across the iDash screen that says “Mobile Regen Enabled” and it should automatically go into Regen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Thank you, when I do that, I don't even see mobile regen? so I must be either doing something wrong, or I will run the update again.

What firmware version are you running? Should be v1.16 in the iDash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Has anybody heard of problems down the road after installing the derringer mod? I'm skeptical after hearing of all the injector issues people have been having with stock engines. My 1 ton is under 500 miles so im not in a big hurry to look for aftermarket parts but any thoughts would be appreciated. The idash sounds like a good buy though.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Has anybody heard of problems down the road after installing the derringer mod? I'm skeptical after hearing of all the injector issues people have been having with stock engines. My 1 ton is under 500 miles so im not in a big hurry to look for aftermarket parts but any thoughts would be appreciated. The idash sounds like a good buy though.

What are the injector issues?

·
Registered
30 Posts
What are the injector issues?
I read it in another thread about guys injectors failing on these new motors.[/QUOTE]

I haven't heard of any inherent issues with these injectors. There was one service bulletin about an injector reprogram for mine, other than that it has been flawless. That being said, mine isn't getting any after-market tuning or deleting. It's happy just like it is.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
I haven't heard of any inherent issues with these injectors. There was one service bulletin about an injector reprogram for mine, other than that it has been flawless. That being said, mine isn't getting any after-market tuning or deleting. It's happy just like it is.
The facebook "L5P" groups have low mileage truck owners posting about their trucks going in for injector replacements pretty often. Almost always on stock trucks

I've noticed there isn't a lot of L5P talk on this forum or the other couple forums i'm on but the three facebook groups are full of posts every day so thats where I go to find info and post my questions now.

The "L5P owners ONLY" page seems to be the most popular.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The facebook "L5P" groups have low mileage truck owners posting about their trucks going in for injector replacements pretty often. Almost always on stock trucks

I've noticed there isn't a lot of L5P talk on this forum or the other couple forums i'm on but the three facebook groups are full of posts every day so thats where I go to find info and post my questions now.

The "L5P owners ONLY" page seems to be the most popular.

Wow, not good. I read another thread where the ECM needs to be replaced along with the injectors. That is going to be an expensive day out of warranty.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts