Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 5" straight pipe is way too loud pulling trailer will drone you out of the cab and i want to get rid of it i was looking at banks diesel duals, anybody have them or know anything about the system please help me?

·
Registered
484 Posts
wouldn't it be alot cheaper just to put a muffler on your 5" system?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hmm well about 10 yrs ago I had dual straight pipes on my turbo integra and i ended up putting mufflers on right away(magnaflow actually) and it made them alot quieter. Now maybe that was because the engine was a 4 banger but just saying when i had mufflers put on it did quiet them up. Good luck

·
Registered
484 Posts
The interior noise with mine isn't too bad at all with the muffler.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
with my dads drilling business im always pulling a trailer and it gets so loud in the cab that music wont even drown it out i talked to friend of mine who is banks dealer and he said the he could get me the duals for $680 shipped and installed i also contacted banks and their price was $1020 shipped. either way the 5" has got to go!
Tom

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Duals would probably be a good solution if you're towing - the 5" can get pretty aggressive under load especially on the LB7. If you have any questions on 4" systems, any of the supporting vendors should be able to give you a hand or give us a call. Good luck

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the problem is that i dont think mbrp's duals will fit around my B&W hitch as where the banks duals will fit cause my muff shop guy just did one on PSD and it fit really good and sounded really good.
Tom

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i just got a great idea for my own custom dual set-up let me know if you guys think it work or not. Cutting my tailpipe where the straight is welded and making a 5in "T" pipe, then getting (2) 90* elbows to bring the exhaust back then from there running pipe to (2) 45* elbows to get the exit. i dont know exactly if it will work or not but let me know what your thoughts are!
Tom

1 - 13 of 13 Posts