Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Here are a few pictures of the Banks system installed. Really nothing bad to say about it, install was pretty straight forward and the Banks instructions are very well done.

Initially I thought the exhaust tip might be too large, but seeing it installed and how large these trucks are I think it looks well proportioned.

View attachment 1092361

View attachment 1092362
Looks fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
212 Posts
Here are a few pictures of the Banks system installed. Really nothing bad to say about it, install was pretty straight forward and the Banks instructions are very well done.

Initially I thought the exhaust tip might be too large, but seeing it installed and how large these trucks are I think it looks well proportioned.

View attachment 1092361

View attachment 1092362
Looks excellent! Any change in performance?

·
Registered
2021 3500HD GMC Denali
91 Posts

View attachment 1092361

View attachment 1092362
That looks really good. So does the truck. Are the flares factory painted???

Looking at the pic again the tip looks close to plastic and painted panels, any concern with heat damage??

Reactions: cdh7917

·
Registered
282 Posts
Looks excellent! Any change in performance?

Thanks! No performance increase that I have noticed. The main choke point is the DPF, and this installs directly behind the factory/OEM DPF.

That looks really good. So does the truck. Are the flares factory painted???

Looking at the pic again the tip looks close to plastic and painted panels, any concern with heat damage??

Thanks, I appreciate that.

The flares are the GM OEM accessory that are factory painted to match.

It’s difficult to get a decent picture of the exhaust tip without it looking out of whack. I can assure you it’s 100% level and square/plumb to the truck.

That said…I’m not worried about the plastics around it. I feel there is enough gap and that 5” pipe is massive and will flow air with little to no restriction. I guess time will tell for sure, but I’m not worried.

From the back, you can see the tip actually has a slight downward pitch bent into the end of the over-the-axle pipe.

Tire Automotive tail & brake light Wheel Truck Vehicle

·
Registered
2021 3500HD GMC Denali
91 Posts
Thanks! No performance increase that I have noticed. The main choke point is the DPF, and this installs directly behind the factory/OEM DPF.

It’s difficult to get a decent picture of the exhaust tip without it looking out of whack. I can assure you it’s 100% level and square/plumb to the truck.

That said…I’m not worried about the plastics around it. I feel there is enough gap and that 5” pipe is massive and will flow air with little to no restriction. I guess time will tell for sure, but I’m not worried.

From the back, you can see the tip actually has a slight downward pitch bent into the end of the over-the-axle pipe.

View attachment 1092378
That’s sick, I really like that!!! Your truck looks amazing, I wanted the hunter metallic painted flares but GM only does 4 colours. That’s the way GM should be doing their exhaust super clean, thanks for the additional info as well.
I also went with the fuel blitz rims, I kept the stock rubber for now. I was trying to see your tire size, are they 295’s????

·
Registered
212 Posts

View attachment 1092378
The vent area chokes down to 3” on the OEM pipe so you reduced back pressure.

I have the flo-pro and finished. 2,500 mile trip all highway not towing. Haven’t washed it and no soot or signs of heat. You will have no heat issues as the Banks protrudes more.

·
Registered
282 Posts
That’s sick, I really like that!!! Your truck looks amazing, I wanted the hunter metallic painted flares but GM only does 4 colours. That’s the way GM should be doing their exhaust super clean, thanks for the additional info as well.
I also went with the fuel blitz rims, I kept the stock rubber for now. I was trying to see your tire size, are they 295’s????

Thank you!

The painted flares do make a big difference in looks. I didn’t realize it until I was looking at older pictures before I was able to track some painted ones down.

My tires are 295/65R20 and my Blitz rims are 20x9 +20 offset. I’m also at factory height and have no issues with clearance

The vent area chokes down to 3” on the OEM pipe so you reduced back pressure.

I have the flo-pro and finished. 2,500 mile trip all highway not towing. Haven’t washed it and no soot or signs of heat. You will have no heat issues as the Banks protrudes more.

Your exhaust looks great too. Glad to hear you are having a positive experience with it too. It gives me extra peace of mind.

True, the nozzle area in the vent does drop to 3”. But I think that helps to increase velocity and create some vacuum to draw in cooler air through the vents to help cool hot regen exhaust.

I don’t believe backpressure is a concern with turbos. I believe a lot of deleted trucks run a turbo-back straight pipe.

But I very well could be wrong.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
That color is beautiful

21 - 28 of 28 Posts