Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
which programer would you guys suggest the banks 6 gun or the edge evouloution looking for some opinions thanks

·
This space for rent!
316 Posts
Apparently most on here don't really like the banks products due to cost per/advantage. I have done a ton of research on that very thing and was about to buy the banks "IQ" system- However after reading through here it seems like the edge would be just fine for most applications. Again, this would be for monitoring your system parameters. After that everyone would recommend eflive for a tune job on your vehicle. It wouldn't replace your edge however it would "Compliment" it w/the more advanced and precise tunes.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im not planning on rebuilding my tran anytime soon ive heard that efi live isnt good if u dont have a built tran is that true?

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
No it is not true. There are plenty of us with EFI live and stock transmissions. There are also tons of options for EFI putting it at the same price as an edge unit if not cheaper. I wouldn't recommend either of the. Brands you listed. If you have to go canned, go PPE. However it's just ignorant to buy a canned tuner with EFI so affordable these days, plus you won't have to sell it down the road

Definitely NOT sent from my iPhone while jumping on a trampoline wearing a banana hammock..

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
The only thing people use the edge products for around here is the edge insight ct/cts for gauge setups. For this, they are great. My suggestion is to start searching around for efi live information and you will see what i mean in no time.
You will have increased drivability, mpg, and lower egt's over any canned tuner any day of the week with an efi setup from any reputable tuner. I personally suggest going through ATP (idaho rob's tunes), however justin from blue demon is also top notch as well as nick from duramaxtuner.

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
I would only recommend EFI Live. Do some research on it before you buy. They have come out with a product called the SPADE. It's from Nick at Duramaxtuner.com. It makes using EFI Live as easy as a canned tuner, but you get custom tuning made specifically for your truck. I ran Edge, and it tore my truck up. It messed with my built trans, and gave me codes left and right! Now with EFI live I am running 500+hp, and have no issues.

·
Street Sleeper
614 Posts
Agreed, through this site you have access to several top notch tuners that can set stock tranny safe tunes on there to get you what you want. If your going to spend the money might as well spend it once on the best thing available rather than trade up later. If there is something you dont like or want to change about a canned tuner for the most part you are stuck with it but EFI Live is fully customizable to fit your needs.

·
Registered
108 Posts
efi live......all the way!

·
Registered
7,861 Posts

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
ATPTrucks.com, Duramaxtuner.com, Kennedy Diesel.com, Blue Demon.com... Just to name a few places that carry it. I recomend calling them and asking about it. They can answer your questions better than some of us. By the way... if you see "site sponsors" on this site, with advertisements for any of these sites, chances are that's them! Click their names and send them a PM.

·
Registered
472 Posts
there are a lot of good tuners out there that will be more than happy to help you bud! in my own personal experience however, Dustin(sickdiesel on here) at ATP helped me out a ton and was very patient. shoot him an email and me saying that he would be glad to help you would be an understatement on my part...great guy!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts