Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK OK I know this probably won't gain any performance but I want a set of duals, DPF back. Only have 2K on her so I'm staying stock for awhile til I know I don't have to visit the stealership again.... Any experiences with either setup, fit, sound, exit, looks, tips etc.??? I think if you get the SS setup the price is about the same.

·
Registered
12,050 Posts
i would suggest MBRP over banks. there wont be any sound difference..its just for looks
if i can help let me know.

·
oldschool
3,351 Posts
Banks looks better

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
I'm more than happy with my MBRP. Samdweezel had a muff delete pipe for sale, if you go that route.

·
Registered
100 Posts
i just did a mbrp kit on mine and it was awesome. fit perfect, went together quick and looks and sounds good.

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
Banks will cost more money, but I actually did away with an MBRP pipe for my Banks.....the Banks seemed to fit better....easier install/etc.. Plus it's a lifetime warranty with Banks...they only make SS pipes, so you are covered....plus I like the slanted tips they come with and how they are welded on, not bolt on.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have the MBRP 4" duals and added the dpf delete after and there still isn't a whole lote more sound. I could not be happier with the MBRP cool duals. i upgraded the tips to go from 4" to 6". Looks sweet if you ask me!!!! i went with the highest grade stainless also. They offer i think steel....t415...and t304 i believe.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I dont have duals but I like MBRP I do like the clamp on tip because if your tip starts looking bad you can just easily clamp another on instead of cutting and welding.

·
Vendor
3,397 Posts
For DPF back, I prefer Banks or Magnaflow. None of them will make much of a performance or sound difference so it comes down to looks. The Banks kits use the "cool cuff" design and Magnaflow uses "intercooled" tips. Both look great. MBRP uses a spiral, fluted tail section that looks rather cheesy in my opinion, but some really like it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts